Re: defense upgrades

Regarding this discussion, it has been decided that:

Plasma Technology will give +3% Weapons bonus per level to:
a)Plasma Cannons
b)Bombers

This means that in Plasma Tech Level 10, plasma cannons and bombers will shoot like as if they had +3 levels of weapons tech.

We will not force right now any further changes, remaining faithful to our policy for limited changes in order to control possible game unbalance.

The above change will be implemented alongside with other projected changes (like new ships etc) in the XTREME server and ONLY there. If they are proved to be for the improvement of the gameplay by facts and player testimonials after a short while, changes will become permanent and will be in-good-time copied to Standard and any other future universes.

The exact time of implementation is same with the release of the new Zorg Universe Speed (the official name) that will take place in about 1-2 months from now, closely connected with the finish of a bunch of new features we are currently developing for Zorg Empire (one of them is ACS attack).

Re: defense upgrades

Zorg wrote:Regarding this discussion, it has been decided that:

Plasma Technology will give +3% Weapons bonus per level to:
a)Plasma Cannons
b)Bombers

This means that in Plasma Tech Level 10, plasma cannons and bombers will shoot like as if they had +3 levels of weapons tech.

We will not force right now any further changes, remaining faithful to our policy for limited changes in order to control possible game unbalance.

The above change will be implemented alongside with other projected changes (like new ships etc) in the XTREME server and ONLY there. If they are proved to be for the improvement of the gameplay by facts and player testimonials after a short while, changes will become permanent and will be in-good-time copied to Standard and any other future universes.

The exact time of implementation is same with the release of the new Zorg Universe Speed (the official name) that will take place in about 1-2 months from now, closely connected with the finish of a bunch of new features we are currently developing for Zorg Empire (one of them is ACS attack).
How would you sim this? Would the level be there on attacking (like weap/armor/shield) or something? Just a thought...
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LIGHT LASERS DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OM NOM NOM KTHXBAI

Re: [Implementation Scheduled] defense upgrades

wich of the following will be the calculation?
damage = base damage * (weapon tech% + Plasma Tech%)
or like:
damage = (base damage * weapon tech%) * Plasma Tech%
damage = (base damage * Plasma Tech%) * weapon tech%

Example
Weapon tech = 22 = +220% (wich I assume is max for most people)
Plasma tech = 18 = +54% (wich I assume is max for most people)
(this is since tech 19 for plasma should cost about 500mil crystal right?)

11.220dmg = 3000 * ( 3,2 + 0,54)
or like:
14.784dmg = (3000 * 3,2 ) * 1,54
14.784dmg = (3000 * 1,54 ) * 3,2

OLD weapons only:
9.600dmg = 3000 * 3,2

im hoping for one of the last onces else its a really small increase.

The last ones is like changing the gun like this:
BASE only =
4.620dmg = 3000 * 1,54

Compared to PC:
-----------------------Cost ratio---------------struct--------------------shield-----------------attack
RL-----------------------90x--------------------225.000-----------------1.800-----------------7.200-------200RF from RIP
LL-----------------------156,9x----------------156.900-----------------3.923-----------------15.690------200RF from RIP
HL-----------------------26,5x-----------------172.250-----------------2.650-----------------6.625-------100RF from RIP
IONS--------------------20x--------------------150.000----------------10.000-----------------3.000-------100RF from RIP
GAUS-------------------4,4x-------------------132.000-------------------880-----------------4.840---------50RF from RIP
PC----------------------1-----------------------100.000-------------------300-----------------4.620----------0RF from RIP

I love the increase and usefullness of tech,
but still the only advantage of it would be that it has 0 RF from ships.

BTW the original idea of gump aint so bad. for defences to have some RF vs certain ships.
Since I got this big shell the margines of a small loss/ flawless loss goes into wide range of numbers of ships required. Meaning say 5000rips would give +/- 25loss it might need you 8000rips for a flawless. Within this range RF would have a great effect.
In the zorg universe, if you go to sleep expect to smell napalm in the morning.

well haveing more of them doesn't mean they get better. its all simple math.
with this increase the pc will only have a slight increased damage over the ions. since those where the same right now in construction cost. So still the only advantage is the 0RF.The big structure points of the pc is only valuable at small numbers, since its just a sort of buffer to a loss.

if I have to choose 100.000 pc or 15.690.000 LL guess what I will always choose.
sure the LL have big RF disadvantage but if you start simming this stuff the LL always comes out way better

damage = base damage * (weapon tech% + Plasma Tech%)

This means:
100 + 220 = 320%
100 + 220 + 54 = 374%

374 / 320 * 100 = 117%

So in the end the PC just gets increased by 17% firepower then they could have now.
Wich aint that much. :)
In the zorg universe, if you go to sleep expect to smell napalm in the morning.

Pure math is not enough to understand what I said. Just because you are a good analyzer, I feel obliged to give you the perspective you are missing regarding battles and this is called shields.

Try the following sims:

100 Rips and 100k PCs
One with 0 weapons both, the other with weapons 3 on PCs

Then try
10 000 Rips and 1 000 000 PCS
Again with 0 weapons both, then with weapons 3 on PCs

Sim some dozen of times if you want accurate results.
You will see that weapons 3 will play a bigger role in the big numbers, even if same ration has been kept. With the skill you got, you could even create a function that would calculate this difference. You could even create a tool with this and give it to your friends/alliance or just to anyone.

It is the reason why we added the extra digit in the simulator after Shandris requested. Ask him/her about the shields if you like more info.

EDIT: btw, you should consider create a site wich this sort of analyzations - perhaps a blog which is easy, fast and free. You would surely have me as a visitor in the very least.