Re: Inactive Cleaning Resumed - Discussion

Talim wrote:True, it is just odd because I see countless people with zero scores now.

Say, I was thinking, how many zorg rubies does a person need to not be deleted? I can just imagine people donating some rubies to inactive farms that they like, lol.
50 rubies and yes it does happen from time to time, or so I've heard lol

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

After reading thru this thread and a few more on “Suggestions” for game improvement
I am going to start with this comment
Zorg wrote: There is also another clue we need to take in mind; we have not planned to experience that large number of inactives. The soar of social networks and the appearance of all kind of (silly for me) social games (which keep you attached for a month, but a FULL month) has caused problems in the traditional independent games industry, such as ourselves.
In the end, we will survive; but you got to realize that we are already giving a tough fight with newcomers retention rates being very poor.
I, like most of the Players here, want Zorg Empire to not only survive, but to grow,
In my opinion, this is the best of the sites where this game is played

May I suggest, If Zorg is to survive, then you need to make the Game more “FUN” to play,
Not necessarly “ Better” but more “Fun”

The reason Zorg, as well as the other sites, where a version of this game is played,
have a problem with retaining new comers, (new to the game not necessarly new to Zorg,) is:

For a newcomer to the game, the 1st 3-4 Days are “BORE-ING”,
They lose interest, sign out, let the acct. go inactive, and move on to other interest

A new sign in needs to be able to immediately start “playing” the game,
as I click thru the Galaxies, I see lots of new-bees that haven’t built even 1 mine,
much less Robots or a shipyard
A New-Bee shouldn’t have to wait till he gets his techs and shipyard up high enough to start building a few small cargo’s, to start “Playing

Also, He also needs to feel like he is part of a community of players,
May I suggest?
A Players helping Players program,
When a new player signs up for an acct. he is given a list of experienced players that he can message for help getting started,
Welcome him to Zorg Empire
send him a small amount of res, teach him how to FS, how to farm inactives
How to avoid being attacked, what to do in case he is attacked,
ect. ect, ect
A Player that feels like he is part of a community will stick around

Something, in my opinion that is needed
Better control, and more options for Your fleet,
Rather than selecting a speed of 100% - 90%, -80% - 70% ect. ect. ect
But also an option of choosing the time a player wants the fleet to arrive at its destination

Also; ability to Dispatch a fleet from planet / moon “A” to planet / moon “B” or even a DF
but have it return to planet / moon “C’

Also the ability to change the speed and destination of a fleet in flight
This, I think is a must,

In order to “Play” the game a player needs his fleet, even “New-Bees”
Most players, me included send their fleet out at 10 % Speed for several hours as a “Fleet Save”
One of the main draw backs to the game is the amount of time a player waits for his fleet to return home from a “Fleet Save”. Sometimes as much as 48 hours his fleet is unavailable,
Even if it’s just to transport resources from one planet to another,
A Player should be able to “Fleet Save” his fleet at a slow speed, but a few hours later, as he has time,
Sign in, go to the Fleet Menu and change the speed to like 100% speed,
And his fleet would arrive home in an hour or so,
Now he can “Play” the game

Another option I would like to see is;
A Player could Build ships and use them for his own Empire or sell them to other players at a profit,
He could be a miner and a Merchant / Trader

Just a few thoughts,
But as I said
If Zorg is to survive, then you need to make the Game more “FUN” to play,
Not necessarily “ Better” but more “Fun

Buzzard

Here here. Your right Buzzard. It is plenty balanced and plenty complex but fun is what keeps people around.

I would "love" to be able to change the speed of my ships while in flight, it would make things easier. Being able to choose the exact time of arrival would be brilliant as well.

Having a list of experienced players willing to teach new players how to play would be good. What would be even better is if the game were available in different languages. Or at the very least the new player could see the languages of their potential teachers, which may help them pick a teacher who can speak their language.

Just some thoughts, but you have a lot of neat ideas Buzzard!

You know, when I first joined in Speed and X-treme, there were quite a number of inactive players nearby. I think five or six per universe near me were over 100K points, with 30+ mine levels. They were my sole income. Mines are great,but until a player hits 10K or so, mines are useless. They take so long to produce much of anything, that using themas my source of growth would have made me quit. Those inactive players were the only thing keeping me going, you know? Suddenly,in X,where I'm still somewhat weak, I can't profit like I used to, and I find that it is almost impossible to recover from a fleetcrash. Removing inactive players under 100,000 points, but leaving inactive players to a certain number seems like a better idea, as then there is free food for the newbies, and then they are more likely to stay and find the fun in this game. And might I ask, if someone enters V-mode before going inactive, shall they be removed, or are only the inactives forced into V-mode going to be deleted?
I have returned. I have opened my eyes to a new realm. And in it, I see my foes at my feet. You have been warned.