Re: New server impression

The new server is faster sometimes... But it is a lot slower sometimes.

It is at the extreme! It's as fast as lightning sometimes and as slow as a turtle sometimes.
I spent more than 5 mins waiting to see what the enemy ship is composed of before deciding to move my fleet!

And no I have not seen the fleet count. The page keeps loading and loading...!!!
It took a while before the attacker registered and I had to move my fleet more than 2 mins before the hit.

That was a first time. A single LF pilot usually get's drunk enough that he thinks that he is good enough to take down a whole armada. This time the drunkards were too scared enough to flee without even seeing the fleet composition of the enemy!

The old server was better for me. :(
The overview page never completely loads! :cry:
Last edited by decadence on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seasons end.

Re: New server impression

neoshagrath wrote:The new server is faster sometimes... But it is a lot slower sometimes.

It is at the extreme! It's as fast as lightning sometimes and as slow as a turtle sometimes.
I spent more than 5 mins waiting to see what the enemy ship is composed of before deciding to move my fleet!

And no I have not seen the fleet count. The page keeps loading and loading...!!!
It took a while before the attacker registered and I had to move my fleet more than 2 mins before the hit.

That was a first time. A single LF pilot usually get's drunk enough that he thinks that he is good enough to take down a whole armada. This time the drunkards were too scared enough to flee without even seeing the fleet composition of the enemy!

The old server was better for me. :(
The overview page never completely loads! :cry:
Sounds like a local issue of yours as we have noticed no problem at all.
Make sure of the following:
-You do not keep a torrent program (like utorrent) open while browsing.
-You are not using a proxy. If you must use one, at least use a fast one.
-Check your speed at www.speedtest.net to make sure your isp is fine. Possibly choose a test with a speed server located in Texas,USA (where our server is) and compare. If you have a problem with this, you will have to call/change your isp.
-If you are using an old computer, make sure to only use 1 window when playing.
-Make sure you have not disabled cache in your browser.
-Try a different browser or install the latest version of your current one; your current one might be broken. In terms of speed, the faster right now is Google Chrome (I still use firefox :P)
-Make sure your connection to the internet is fine. Sometimes, there are network problems (by drivers perhaps or wrong setup) that severely halt your speed.

If none of the above works, then I would still blame your isp.