Re: Vote on keeping Phalanx.

If we look for disadvantages of the split second feature as it is now, then the only real disadvantage is that it is difficult to use it.

By adding a way to simplify its use, we are making it worse for weaker players but on the same time we ensure that all players use the same tools.

If it is implemented, minimum usage will be 10% and maximum 100% just because of the fleet save/cost ratio.

I can not agree to adding a skill to players that either can not be bothered to learn or just unable to. I would rather the game stay as it is and I will master the split second phalanx.. than to give an ability to some one who has not learned it.

The idea is for players to learn.. If you make the game easy you take away half the fun..

I have now learnt how to use this 1 second FS in fact I can even turn my computer off and return to my FS page and use this function, it seems to work 95 times out of a hundred. Do not think I will ever need to use this however.

One point I would like to also be made clear. I have been assured by Raven that he did not or has not used these methods..
Therefore how can a hit timed 1 second behind an arriving fleet miss.. Please do not say server lag.. The fact we have all moved to this NEW server was to eliminate this. What it does say to me is will using the split second phalanx create the same errors..

I want to keep phalanx as is.......I am happy enough to hit one second after a fleet lands knowing I will hit.......never had a problem with a miss like Gozar did ( problem verified above I think ) ............not skill on my part to do a "lanx" hit.....just good timing...........if someone can avoid my lanx (timed to hit a second after landing) and as Zorg stated there are 6 ways to do this then I ask again....what are those 6 ways please? :)

Well, we should close this issue here as it has too much theory and in practice I have discovered a different reality.

Here is the summary of our investigation:

There are 2 safe ways to evacuate in under 1 second.
-One is to refresh the initial fleet launch screen
-Second is to exploit the game

The game has not been exploited and it is a fact.

There is also 1 more way if you want to evacuate in about 3 seconds:
-You build 1 of each ship etc etc.
It sounds impossible to do this in under 1 second but possible in under 2 or 3 seconds.

What happened in the 2 cases that reached Bugs thread:
Due to:
a)Split Secon priority Order
b)An update to split second engine about 2 weeks ago

The missions strict order has been dismantled. While I can now describe you exactly what happened, it is of no importance so I will skip.

What you need to know is that:
-Attacker timed correctly.
-Defender escaped thinking it was a mistime from the attacker.

Indeed we are to be blamed here.

We issued a fix and normally it will work correctly from now on. We will do some extra beta testing to ensure it is working correctly now.

My apologies for the whole fuss.

As this has been a bug affecting the game for 2 weeks it is difficult to hand out recover losses but feel free to send an email to webmaster@zorgempire.net and ask for reparations. We will give reparations only for the 2 incidents that have been brought to the bugs forums. If you had profit out of the 2 stories, you will get to keep it.

It is important to mention that it is still possible to evacuate in under a second, despite the fix on the split second feature. However, this is mostly in theory as in practice few will keep the initial fleet screen page open. Do keep it in mind for future cases though; the only 100% case to hit is split second feature.

big-fat-cow wrote:Shall I lock this then?

No need.

For the record, there is still an open issue with priority control which we are working on since yesterday. Current issue won't mess with phalanx hits and is expected to be completely addressed within the day.