New Banking System (JumpGate for Resources)

It is hard to imagine that advanced empires capable of building massive death stars would still use rudimentary currency systems such as raw materials. As vital as raw materials are for an empire - every current nation on Earth has some sort of currency system in place where money is used as a reciept for gold and precious metals (along those lines anyway - i wont bother going into details about fractional reserve banking lol).

I therefor propose a new building - Bank or Trade Centre (Whatever you want to call it)

When you build a bank on a 2 planets - The bank can transfer resources to another bank on a seperate planet.

Each level of Bank allows you to transfer money at more frequent rates. (Like a jumpgate but for resources)

There will be a 15% bank charge to each transaction so that Cargo Flights and Trade's are not made obsolete.

With the new banking system, a player could have high levels of nanites and shipyard on one planet, and high levels of mines and banks on his/her colonies. Money gets transfered to the main planet where its turned into ships a lot faster.

This model is very accurate for an empire. Take into account the old British Empire, all her colonies were effectively mines that sent back money and resources to Britain. Britain was highly developed, as opposed to the whole empire being developed equally.

Banks should be expensive to build, and start off allowing 1 transfer per day - then as you progress you can get to once an hour. This is effectively a jumpgate for resources

Re: New Banking System (JumpGate for Resources)

yes that is well thought out 8). Jumpgate for res would be great and I would of nailed a few hits that Ive missed due to players coming on line before the fuel lands.Mind you sometimes it's a big part of the buzz/fun hoping the fuel lands and you can launch before the player is at his keyboard,8) It would make life easier if you could jump res but whether it would make the game better or not i'm unsure.
I'm guessing you have the one planet geared up for ship build where as I have all mine capable of building all ships but I think I'm going to take your approach to some extent and pick a planet of mine and upgrade it even more and use that for builds mostly.
cheers Mac

Desert Reaper, i know the only way for balancing is caps on resources sent, bank charges etc. but hopefully someone has more ideas to throw in. This is a big ask, and needs more suppot/suggestions to be taken seriously.

Macker, yh thats pretty much my set up- its more economical especially when it comes to building nanites of all your colonies. colonies concentrate on mines, while main planet concentrates on building ships :)

This would be a great boost for players who concentrate their defense and shipyards on a single planet.
... but then again, maybe not. I heard this somewhere before "Nice! We have now have to hit 1 planet instead of 15. :)"

But IMO, building LCs or EC in later game, then sending them everyday or every hour is not even close to raiders having to probe and send attacks as often as they can.
Miners or turtles having to bypass those tasks is a great imbalance between them and raiders.

But yeah I would agree to a 4th type of currency. With a 4th constant currency, miners and traders can freely manipulate the market.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

A new building or something that can allow this would be a good idea, but Neo has a valid point. So i needs to be something that is for later stages, when you have really built up your empire. You have many planets, High tech levels etc. A simple example is below

The planets it can work on need:
1. Researck building on planet 10+
2. Shipyard on planet 10+
3. Resources on plaet 10+
4. The building/facility on planet
5. Conputer tech 10+
6. Energy tech 10+
7. Also, can ba used a imitied number of times per day ( to be decided )

This is just an idea for specs. This way it would not be so easy for new players and turtles to use it for a big advantage against raiders etc. :dance:

neoshagrath wrote: But yeah I would agree to a 4th type of currency. With a 4th constant currency, miners and traders can freely manipulate the market.
That would be nice. A system where you can charge interest on loans. Miners and Turtles and Non-Fleeters could thus benefit from wars by bankrolling them. The fleeters get larger fleets for wars and the Miners get profits via interest rates so they get better mines. Everyone is happy

Zorg could set the min / max interest rates and and the repayment terms.