Re: Max allowed planets ?

I think that the max number of planets should be tied to the level of Technology. Here is an example of what I am thinking:
A new player starts with their home planet and the ability to create 10 planets.

After researching Expedition Technology they unlock the ability to create 5 more planets.

After researching Intergalactic Research Network they unlock the ability to create 5 more planets.

And further, every level of Zorg Physics unlocks the ability to create 1 more planet (ie. if you research up to Zorg Physics level 5 you can create 5 more planets).

Torgard wrote:I think that the max number of planets should be tied to the level of Technology. Here is an example of what I am thinking:
A new player starts with their home planet and the ability to create 10 planets.

After researching Expedition Technology they unlock the ability to create 5 more planets.

After researching Intergalactic Research Network they unlock the ability to create 5 more planets.

And further, every level of Zorg Physics unlocks the ability to create 1 more planet (ie. if you research up to Zorg Physics level 5 you can create 5 more planets).
I agree with this one. besides you give new players 21 planets like on X right off the bat, and all they do is set up a good farm system. at least if its on a unlock basis, hopefully by the time the player has done his research and is ready to unlock the next set of planets, he is better prepared to place them more strategically.

Only have experience of speeds planet total but wouldn't mind more and tying it to techs seems a great way to avoid newer players getting farmed and overwhelmed.
Don't know how much work this next suggestion might be but what about an option either on the home planet or empire view to "make this default for all planets".So if you are set up suitably and your concentrating on lunars say you just input on one planet and the rest automatically replicate.Not hard to opt planets out just build what you want on them first before clicking on build all option,so it wouldn't need to have loads of options attached.Someone brighter than me might see a handier way of implementing it but i think it would be a good option for those of us who mainly just build ships,or defenses especially if considering more planets.Even if " default option" isn't viable more planets does sound good.