Re: Forthcoming Universe: Massacre

I think a medium should be met. If Extreme is 4X fleet and the speed is 8x...

Fleet speed: 5-6X
Production:2.5X
Max planets: 15(+1) - Allows about 1 fleet per planet slot after tech has been researched well
Map-Medium-Large(perhaps 9 gal with 350-400)

As far as RF goes I think the Destroyer does not have enough Rf vs BC, though I think the BC,LG,and rip RF is fairly-balanced

RIPs already made BCs obsolete with the new BE details. and destroyers are not a pro BC crusher. DDs are meant to be all purpose fleeting tool not specific to any type of ship.

having said that i think the speed should be faster than speed if u want a major turn out.
Last edited by SPY on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Administrator wrote:Storages: Same as Speed (as they are currently)
Ship list: Same as Speed
Battle Engine: Massacre Version (Not yet introduced)
Moon Destroy: At least 25% will be needed to even roll for a moon destroy. This means that any MD mission with less than 25% chance will ALWAYS fail. (This will make moon destroy a more serious business than it is with the current leading strategy. I do not wish to reveal which is this strategy but this change is something we currently review for all universes).
Imperial Support: Deactivated for the beginning and for a few weeks. When it will be activated, it will start with a low amount and will be capped to that amount. That amount will grow slowly. Imperial Support is a feature that it is meant to be used in an emergency or from someone that wants to cover some lost ground, either because he was unlucky or he started late or he had a break etc. This is the case in all universes right now but this was not the case in the start of Speed universe. We do not want to repeat a same mistake therefore we will be following the steps I mentioned above to ensure competitive gameplay for all.
I really like these characteristics myself.

I also like the idea to have 15 planets, although I don't particularly like the stance on the speed, but I have a feeling this issue will be a contentious one, so no point in dwelling on it too long at this point.

Regarding an increase in DF %, I think that 75-80% would be a good number.
The Hideout sounds like a great idea as well but I wouldn't have the faintest idea on where to start with the specific details.
Finding a way to bring bombers more into the picture is a plus too.
And finally, doing away with the protection / bashing rules would be awesome!

Really hoping this can get off the ground in a reasonable period of time.

[quote]The Massacre server should be small, fast and invite only.
Putting the top 150 players against each other.
No alliances No acs
1 on 1, fleet verse fleet and let the best man ( or woman ) win[/quote]

That was a sloppy comment, you didn't give any useful insight or criticism/ideas...

You forget it costs money to run this game.. Why would Zorg/Administration only allow 150 players to join the game( half of which will quit/VM due to real life issues within a year probably)

You should edit your post and give real feedback on making massacre the best possible server. We already have three servers; most people want something we haven't seen before.
Last edited by Negotiator on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pupairo12 wrote:Guys, eveyone has their own play style. Some like to be turtles. Being a turtle might be a challenge in this overkill server that is Massacre.
yes i agree with pup on this.
one guy wanting to only have top 150 players, that barely cracks the top 500 himself, and the other guy who wants only fleeters that gets crashed more often than the stock market....sheesh

the main thing i would like to hear from zorg is about the speed, which just about every comment has brought up, so i will wait to hear from him why he is being an old stickler about it. i say speed that way up, and let us all bash the hell out of one another.

If I may, I would like to help design the hideout. But before I do that, I have a few questions.

First of all, is it a building, or is it considered a defensive structure? Also, how does it hide resources? Do you select how many you want in there, or is it automatic, according to storage levels. I would be able to get a much better grasp on the concept if I knew whether it was a building or not. Thank you for the future reply.
Average Person ~ Gale Points: 28
RIP Me.