Moderation in chat room lacked

server time 13:00

as pointed out long back there is no perma moderator in chat room.

and ppl are trolling in there and spoiling chat environment.

the temp mod as was appointed were lurking who do not have the slightest inclination towards chat regulation as none have any idea how to maintain it. also both were lurking.

good job!!! i thought chat room was a fail today so i moved out.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: Moderation in chat room lacked

Unfortunately I have seen this happening quite a bit lately. There were like 4 or 5 hours the other day with no mod. I am not sure if there is a true way to resolve this. Maybe more perma mods and/or ensure that the ones the perma mods make temp mods are actually going to be around and available.
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!

I was v-mode and gone for all of Easter, and received four PMs on various days during my playing hours about people in chat that I would have normally been online for (based on times). I cannot speak for all mods, but imagine most are not as active during holidays.
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

AlmightyGod wrote:Sorry WW but i have already expressed my thought on there being a lack of mods
then why do you continue to post....

ANYWAYS...ive stated many times that i hink we need more mods...usually we have no mods at late hours to early morning(im talking central time for me) and i think we need at least 2 more perma mods...

Apologies for the late post, just returned from VM a few days back.

Perma mods (for forums) are, according to Zorg, not needed. We have plenty to do the work around the forums. As you know, part of our job is to moderate the chat frequently. However, since moderation is all volunteer-based, it's not as if we have a schedule. As for myself, I come on very late at night/early morning to moderate.

There have been a few incidents where there have, in fact, been too many mods on at once. Adding more mods imo won't solve the issue...because there will still be times when none are on and when too many (more like an unecessary amount) are present.

The increase of temp mod positioning will be a great start and will probably solve most of the issue.

And AlmightyGod...for future reference (since this was quite a while ago) this is not a topic for you to spam in. Although you may have "expressed" your opinions in a different section, please only post here if you have something regarding the topic. This is stressed especially in the Game Development area of the ZE Forums.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]