Re: Discuss battle engine here

trox wrote: This problem could be improved by setting the defending fleet to attack the biggest threat first.
or have it not hit the stacks. yes the battle engine produces the result at a remarkable fast speed
Report created in 0.0024528503418 seconds
but whats the use of it if it takes the easy way out of it.

well think zorg already stated that this is how the battle engine going to operate as and they like it this way.

Rapid Fire gives u additional hits but it should be independent of ur last hit in that list.

if u take 100 RIPs against 100 RIPs in a simulation u will see that the individual fire power is still picking up one after another and tho it do not show i am pretty sure its a not a random sequence.

within each rounds RF should just give u options to fire on a target with more options but the target selection should be randomized.

about defense.

as none of the defense has any RF against the big guns except for ESP and LG they all fire at one target. and as the target selection is not random it fires from one side to the next.

here is how it is.

target for defense to fire at.

in a stack.

{300 RIP: 1,2,3,4,.....,300} + {1000 LF: 1,2,3,4, ...., 1000}

if defense fires from any of the stacks it fires on that target only hence the wipe out of LF on first round. and i think the stack is filled in pre-ordered sequence hence the precedence over LF than RIP.

where it should be taking on each ships randomly on each rounds and fire upon it from each units. i want it to be unit vs unit.

programmatically it is equivallent of complexity of bubble sort that is that is sorting a list of unordered items with swap from one side to next n^2. which is really low.

well i hope that explains or if i am wrong please do correct me. cause this is just my understanding.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

There is a battle engine update in preparation. Here is a long list of all scheduled future changes in battle engine:

-Fix of some minor issues (1 issue with ACS attack with defender bonus/ 1 issue in normal battles with Attacker bonus. The bonuses are unfair and are not meant. They are considered minor fixes because the actual realistic output will be slightly adjusted. Issue #2 is obvious in trox report and involves shield calculation.)

-Better text for how battles work

-New layout for battles (standard & advanced: advanced will be much like current one with more text. Advanced will always be generated but will be available on demand -> user will need to click an icon at the bottom to see it).

The fixes are expected soon. The new layout will be probably delayed.

You mean you want a simulator for this ?
Yes I think the battle simulator should also include the calculations of interplanetary missile attacks. It should show a good approximation of how many defenses a certain number of missiles could take out in both general attack against all defense structures and also if you just target one primary defense structure.