Re: [Evaluation Needed]Galactic, System, Planatary Random Ev

i put both hands up for this, just that the negative effects should be more disastrous.

examples:
solar sun spot:
occurs every 24 hours
chance of occurrence 5%
also, people won't get a message if the event happened but will get a message saying that the solar sun spot destroyed number specific ships.
Effect: part of the fleet gets destroyed (fleet in the air)

Earthquake

every 24 hours
chance of occurrence 1%
user gets a notice about that
part of the defense is destroyed (ignore the 70% recovery thingy)

this lets both fleeters and turtles rethink their strategy and we could also implement something like a newbie disaster protection so that newbies have a better chance of surviving while the good events can still happen

i would also like to say that i think a we should increase the mining (good events) benefits greatly and decrease the occurrence greatly too, lets say increase the benefit by 50% and decrease the occurrence by 50%, this equals out the amount of resources and the occurrence, thus making the good events more exciting. (i find it exciting for a 50% boost in resources production)

idk if you all like it but it sounds good to me

Re: Galactic, System, Planatary Random Events

Avatar wrote:Just to be clear, I was not and would never propose that any of these random events actually destroy a resource, building, ship, etc, you have worked towards building...
If this is the way it is proposed, it could be useful. Otherwise, I see no purpose in a player screwing up, missing a fleetsave and getting saved from a space attack on their moon by a freakin earthquake or something like that lol
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.