Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: RIP v.s. Lunar Guardian

There is a very simple piece of knowledge you can apply to the situation; units with the lowest armour will always take the hits first, however, if something with higher armour takes RF from a unit in the opposing fleet, said opposing unit will target the ship with higher armour first.

Fire priority is: Random RF selection > Lowest to highest Armour value

Using this knowledge, you can in fact use the correct fodder for a fight to ensure you come out with the best possible result.

The example being presented here with the LF fodder with LG is because the RIP's will never attack the LG first round since their RF forces them to focus fire on the Light Fighters until they are dead, giving your heavies more time to bash the RIP's down.

A clever fleeter can correctly predict how fire priority is going to be executed and send the correct fodder for each fleet composition he/she is up against.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

OK i feel like going back to school now while i ask this? i always been a bit shady in understanding R/F lol so bare me if this sounds super noob.

There were simulations that shows that with a bare minimal fodder the RIP attack points are all spent on up against the fodder leaving the heavier ships untouched. clearly the r/f played the part in it but i am wondering if it is correct that all of RIP attack point are spent on a really trivial amount of fodder in those simulations.

10 RIP can crash easily upto 25K LF but gets bashed down if it is up against 1000 LG + 1000 LF. with all LF being crashed and attacker takes a minor beating on the LGs.

but if u add the LF fodder a bit more all the lf is spent and saves ur LGs.

so my question is if its rips r/f is ridding on LF fleets how is the selection done again? cause in the latter scenario the LG takes a bit of bashing i am wondering at which time would the rip will dent the bigger ships. i hope i am making sense.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

In that scenario some of the regular damage will splash onto the LG because the amount of LF is to low to attract the entire RIP stack's attention. Easy way to solve that is include a few other low armour ships in your fleet that can attract the RIP's.

However, none of the massive RF damage will splash, if you have enough LF there to attract all the RIP's attention they can do hundreds of billions of damage and it will just dissipate leaving your LG untouched.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Ok. I now have basic understanding of the Fodder system.

Questions.

Lets say the attacking RIP has a total Attack Points of 100K and the Defender has LF with total defense of 50K, HF total defense of 30K and LG with total defense of 20K. Defender has a total defense of 100K

Assuming the R/F and Fodder system works, I assume that the battle will last 3 stages as follows.

1st wave, the LF absorbs all the 100K damage of the RIP.
2nd wave, the HF absors all the 100K damage of the RIP.
3rd wae, the LG absorbs all the 100K damage if the RIP.

As you all can see, all the RIP damage will all be absorb by the low lvl ship even if its defense is considerably lower the the RIP amount of damage.

Please do correct me if my assumption is wrong.