Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: RIP v.s. Lunar Guardian

around 225 would do the trick.

try the following. devide the attack points of a rip by the shield points of an LG. if the total number multiplied with LG attack point is more than what a single rip's Shield + 50% armor then ur LG wins.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Tried the tools. 1 RIP's will require around 250 LG (SPY is correct). Now the question is what would be most economical to use for defending RIP attacks. It comes down to RIP vs RIP of LG vs RIP.

I still do not have the requirements for building RIP's or LG's. But looking on the requirement list, required upgrades for LG's is somewhat more expensive than RIP's.

if its a rip only fleet coming up against then anything u put in to defend that either u move out to save fleet or defend with something that wipes out that rip. that is if u want the attack to land.

second thing u can put in a moderately powerful fleet and see if u can cheap out attackers rip in a battle. if the attacker loses are more than enough for what he is bargain for he might recall.

Because of the RIP's monstrous armour, you need a higher ratio of LG to beat them the lower the amounts get.

For example, you need 250 to sensibly beat 1 RIP, but you can sensibly beat 10 RIP's with 600 and 2k LF as fodder.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

first of you need to understand what fodders really do. in a r/f scenario fodders do not ensure low cost its still a chance that it will divert the r/f towards the fodder more. u can still get hard ridden if the r/f takes on the bigger ships. this is a risk every fleeter takes... and thats what they all say the real fun is.

last really good successful defend against a rip attack that i remember was Setesh's ninja against myrsee. in that hit the battle was so wide open that it could have gone in any direction. setesh was lucky that he got the best outcome from that battle.

also want to quote in the battle between Kron and GWD ninja. here u see the RF going bad for kron. also another great attempt but its still just a chance and kron lost the battle as it went down hill for him.

so please dont think using fodders is a perfect solution but it just gives u the edge of chance u need to make the battle a bit more open.

and yes Probes/LF are good fodders for any hit. depends on what u are up against. LF might come in handy if the RIP armada has other ships along with it.