[Implemented] Noob protection and moon destroys

Some of us were talking in chat and were trying to brain storm ideas to get smaller players to keep playing and one thinking about quitting to also stay.

The two ideas we have come up with are changing the noob protection, just in extreme for now, and changing the moon destroys.

We think the moon destroys should have a set limit per day, so that players that are making the right moves at least have some chance of survival. As it stands i could pop all 21 moons of a player, a day, and find their fleet on lanx and then they usually quit. So if we have it set to something like a player cant pop more then 4 moons a day, then they have a fighting chance and might up the amount of active fleeters in the game.

The noob protection being set at 10k points is a pain right now for new players, they never get a chance to build up enough to compete with the bigger players and then in turn quit after being beat down. If we changed the noob protection to 100k points in extreme, they would have time to grow, learn, and ask questions before being put to the ultimate test.

These are our suggestions and we hope you support them, im looking for all types of feedback though.
They may not like me, but they've gotta respect me!

Re: Noob protection and moon destroys

I agree with both of these ideas.

As it is right now, even if you're FSing correctly, if the right person wants your fleet there's a very small chance of keeping it. A limit, 4 or 5 sounds about right, would still give the attacker a chance to find the fleet if they played their cards right. Fleeting shouldn't just be about having the bigger stick, but also having skill and a fair bit of luck.

More on the bigger stick, if I wanted to I could attack anyone ranked 489 and above. Let's put that into perspective, shall we? You need to spend 50 million resources to have 10k points in Xtreme. I make over three times that in a day. Does that seem fair to anyone? The 10k rule was put into place a little after Zorg was created; back when a majority of the players were under 10k. I think it's safe to say that the game has evolved far enough in the past two years that it should be raised. Maybe not to 100k, but at least above what it currently is. This would help to keep more of the players that join and then quit immediately after being crashed.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

I do agree with all on the topic and would like to add :

We the Alliance leaders agreed that no one else will launch Md missions to the same player,

if one of our members had already made the limit here stated. Each member when sending a MD mission

will post in circulars so the others will know that for this target MD is over, for the next 24 hours.

In case some one do not respect the above and the defender send the MDs, we need to find a kind of punishment

as an Alliance or as a community.

pkromm
EZT leader

In order for this game to evolve, attract, and keep new players the 10k player protection is simply to low. For a player to survive and thrive in the xtreme verse it takes skills that cannot be learned on the way to 10k points. Proper game fundamentals, friends, and allies are a great advantage to success in this game that cannot be acheived by 10k. I agree that player protection should be raised to 100k.

The moon destruction missions are another topic, but I agree as well. would like to hear the opinions of others on both.
Last edited by jonnytman on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wholeheartedly support this, ty to rj for linking it to me, or I'd probably have missed this. There definitely needs to be something done to encourage newer players to stick around and learn whats what, extending the noob protection to 100k and setting a cap on the amounts of MD missions sent a day sounds like a great way to do this. One thing I'd suggest though is possibly making it so that a player may make a MD mission against another player once a day, with no cap on alliance attempts. Most of the reasons why players stay with a game stem from its community and their friends within that community. With ACS attack, and forcing players to work together in the entrapment of a fleet as well as the kill, this provides additional encouragement for players to work together as an alliance and/or community, and create the kind of ties that convince one to stay on with the game.
++MORTURI NOLUMNUS MORI++OMNISSIAH SAEVIO PROCUL VESTRI HIC++VOS ERO DEFAECO++NEX UT HOSTILIS DEUS OF MACHINA++