Re: Forum Games: Solve the riddle

Andrew is correct, word for word, right down to the last bit of punctuation, in fact. :P

Anyone one of you guys that are now on 1 point, must correctly answer every riddle I give first time from now on if you wish to break last rounds record. People without at least 1 point can no longer achieve a new record.

Score Table:

Cypher: 3
Pupairo12: 2
Kick: 2
Weresloth: 1
Spy: 1
KarrothMelu: 1
Scoobysnack: 1
Corbeil: 1
Malebolgia: 1
Andrew: 1

Riddle number 16:

There is a perfectly square island, with a very deep moat around it. A man needs to get onto this island and has the use of two planks of wood. They are not long enough to bridge the gap (he obviously needs some overlap each side); he has no means to attach the planks together by nails, glue, screws, etc, or to saw them or change them in any other way, neither can he put anything on them to hold them down. He can't jump, swim, fly or get to the island by any other means than by walking over the planks. How can he do it?
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

ok only way to clos the gap is most probably place one of the plank across the corner of the moat edge that will bring him closer to the corner when he stands on the middle, and place the other plank perpendicularly towards the island corner.

think that would get him to the island.

PS: still i am not sure if the plants are long enough tho.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

A maths (shapes) one :D

The only way would be to position the two planks so that they both in conjuction create the required length using a corner of the moat as spy said.
If the moat is square (the puzzle does not clearly state so...but we'll assume it is as the island is square) then that is the correct way spy, and the planks would be long enough:)

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

Spy is correct! And since you like math problems..

Score Table:

Cypher: 3
Pupairo12: 2
Kick: 2
Spy: 2
Weresloth: 1
KarrothMelu: 1
Scoobysnack: 1
Corbeil: 1
Malebolgia: 1
Andrew: 1

Riddle number 17:

5 men, whose names are Bab, Beb, Bib, Bob and Bub, took part in a chess tournament, and each player was going to play against each other player once. After some days passed, they decided to have a get-together. Bub asked the other men how many matches until then they had played.

Bab said: "I have played 1 match."
Beb said: "I have played 2 matches."
Bib said: "I have played 3 matches."
Bob said: "I have played 4 matches."

How many matches has Bub played?
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

the number of total matches should always be even.

Bab said: "I have played 1 match."
Beb said: "I have played 2 matches."
Bib said: "I have played 3 matches."
Bob said: "I have played 4 matches."

bob played 4 so each player played at least once.
so bab's only game was with bob.
beb played with bob and 1 other.
bib played with bob and 2 other.
so to even the things up beb must have played with bib cause if beb played 1 other and thats with bub then bib must have played his 2 games with himself :P

so beb played his 1 game with bob and the other game with bib. and the extra game that was left for bib was played against bub.

so bub vs bib
and bub vs bob

2 games. is just a simple nPr problem.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.