Overhunting. Overkill.

I've been watching several of the top players and it amazes me how quickly and willing they are to cut their own throats. They'll continually launch against the same targets, ending up with marginal and ever decreasing profits. They rarely move to new hunting grounds until they've totally depleted every available resource.

Rather than rely on their own infrastructure for periods of time until the prey has a chance to rebuild and become profitable, they just rape the living crap out of anything and everything.

The results are already being seen. Players are quitting and resources become more scarce. What in the living **** are these guys thinking? Can't they see that they'll soon be the kings of nothing? They're their own worst enemy and they'll soon start falling from their own weight. They may have huge points but they have no clue how to reserve themselves and properly manage their range. They simply only focus on their score.

You know who you are. You're making not only hard for the rest of the community, you're killing yourselves because you can't check your egos. rofles.

Re: Overhunting. Overkill.

I agree completely. What bothers me is that while the game is to dominate and win, I hardly see the point of players in the top slots wiping out players a hundred to two hundred rankings down from them. What's the point? These smaller players have few resources, at least nothing that would sustain you when you have 100,000 + points, and they can't even respond to the attacks. Its like kicking a baby in the face. Personally, I think its about time to institute ACS attack, to make it so that alliances can compete against larger players. Otherwise players in the lower rankings have no protection whatsoever. I think people just don't want to invest in their own infrastructure.

all i can say is the only person who are guildless from ranks 1-80 is me and mintaka. and for some good reason. Mintaka seems awesome. being guildless and all and still hold rank 1. amazing.

with regards to the quitting. i soon might quit. ~V~ has started to show some interest on my poor lil empire with then massive amount of espionages.

why quit? i had to make my way up the ranks too and i was solo till i got in the top 20. I did this while i had tons of attention from all of the top alliances. there are easy ways to not get raided. 1. make it unprofitable (dont hold a lot of deut or minerals) 2. fleetsave.

another way to progress in this game is to make buildings and colonize and make defenses. attacks on planets with defenses is usually always unprofitable unless you are holding a lot of resources. Deut will get you killed dont hold it. put it in cargo ships and fleet save it all the time or trade it or spend it fast.
You can't stop me I'm on a boat!

Nobody thinks about long term effects only the short term. It's kind of like science...when ever you raid, you take half and you keep taking half and again and again till your down to single digits and have nothing to gain. *Idea* I'll keep it to my self though. :evil: Beware to the ones who raid to raid and nothing more. :evil:
If I had to choose who I would die fighting against, I would choose corrupt government.

Xnoea wrote:all i can say is the only person who are guildless from ranks 1-80 is me and mintaka. and for some good reason. Mintaka seems awesome. being guildless and all and still hold rank 1. amazing.

with regards to the quitting. i soon might quit. ~V~ has started to show some interest on my poor lil empire with then massive amount of espionages.
Any way smaller Empire can help?
If I had to choose who I would die fighting against, I would choose corrupt government.

Slash, stop crying. Ive seen you raid for next to nothing so get down off that high-horse of yours. And when you say "top players", I know you are suggesting that ~V~ hit for next to no profits. I speak for myself here but I dont attack for anything less than 1M profit and to be honest, if a player leaves 1M res on a planet they deserve to be hit. The only exception is when I attack for deut.

This is a war game people, make yourself unprofitable to the "top players" and you will be safe. Leave your fleet sitting, dont expect it to be there when you log on. Simple as.. We are playing the game as it is meant to be played. I suggest that a more detailed guide be written up for newer players.