Should you be able to go into vacation with fleet on air ?

Yes.
Total votes: 40 (75%)
No.
Total votes: 10 (19%)
I don't care.
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 53

Re: Vm while active

rava wrote:zorg want us always in front of computer
..so abandon all ur RL issue and 24 hours on computer

this update not fair for us .. who often have problem in RL
For emergencies, you can:
CANCEL research
CANCEL construction

You cannot yet cancel ship building but it ain't as crucial because it does not take as much time.

VM is meant exactly for emergencies OR for people that need to be absent for a while. These changes fix a lot of issues.

Allowing buildings to continue while in VMODE was NEVER a game feature; It was a BUG.

Code: Select all

VMODE
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
*Fixed a bug with ship production delay.
To enter the following must be met:
-No ship/defenses production
-No buildings construction
-No technologies research
I will apologize for the previous thread. The above updates was addressed to prevent a few other bugs in game. Which do not apply to this thread. Why this is i will try to explain bellow.

Fist of the exploit is identified only when a player is attacking another or a player is involved in any battle and uses the vmode to avoid the possibility of being crashed. The restrictions on the above do not constricts the players from exploiting vmode because a defender may be just fleeting for the day with out any building construction or technology research being done. That is the only activity he/she is doing is fleet activity. hence defender is still can hit the vmode at will and escape any possibility of lanx hit or anything.

I guess a scenario will help.

Defender:
Activity status:
Building construction: None
Research in progress: None
Shipyard queue: none

Fleet activity: Fleeting raiding and all other operations.

now if an attacker pops the defenders moon in an attempt to capture the feet on lanx hit the above restriction do not stops the defender from avoiding the hit by exploiting the vmode option.

I state this again I mistakenly thought the upgrade was to address this issue. But it is clear that the exploit still remains and this still is a feature that needs a solution.

-SPY
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

SPY wrote:

[color=#BF0000]Fist of the exploit is identified only when a player is attacking another or a player is involved in any battle and uses the vmode to avoid the possibility of being crashed. The restrictions on the above do not constricts the players from exploiting vmode because a defender may be just fleeting for the day with out any building construction or technology research being done. That is the only activity he/she is doing is fleet activity. hence defender is still can hit the vmode at will and escape any possibility of lanx hit or anything.
[/color]

-SPY[/quote]

I strongly sure and see this is the only problem. Once again this is the main problem.
Restricting the player hit the VM while there is an attack is the answer. While there is no attack, we must able to hit VM.
Yes, game operator can't pleased every players, but remember there are different type of players in this game not only 1type. If this matter bring up controversy don't decide anything, let us Vote for it. It much more appriciate.
Pardon my english, cause english not my mother tongue.

Do you take in account the full list ?

VMODE
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
*Fixed a bug with ship production delay.
To enter the following must be met:
-No ship/defenses production
-No buildings construction
-No technologies research
-No ships in air

Note the No ships in air line that was missing by mistake in X-TREME announcement.

as i see it MORE people go into V mode because of an incoming attack
than those that NEED to go into V mode for a real reason
because of cowrds running from an attack it seems to have ruined it for those with real issues because of the changes that NEEDED to be made
blame those that are too weak to play a war game that have forced this change

also it has been explained that the "changes" made were an erro anyway and it should not have worked the way it was anyway

thats my see on it anyway

How about, you cant hit VM if you got lanxed till 1 hour after your fleet lands. this prefents the main reason why people abuse VM.
Main reason why people abuse VM = because they are lanxed.
Atm I have it so that VM cant be hit till 1 hour after fleet landed but it can also be shortened or extended since your screwed anyway if you got yourself lanxed.
Ofc you still cant VM if you already are under attack.
This way the fair players that just FS correctly and have something coming up while fleet is still in the air can VM.

I still think this is unfair for people that do need vmode and now for us to vmode we have to go and stop all our building and research and I tried canceling out ships dont work. So if that means If I was building ships while something in real life happens im screwed. This was only put out there after zorg done the moon bit the other day.
“If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful”
No Fear No Surrender No Remorse -

The fleeter sees enter VM to avoid Lanx after the MD mission as unfair strategy. Just stick to this issue cause this is what the threat made for the first time.
Myrse have suggestion restriction to enter VM while the fleet on return mission.
My suggestions Restriction to enter VM while MD on the way and 24 hours after the moon destroyed.
Jedi have suggestion Restriction to enter VM when you are lanxed.
I think these are the good idea, so if there are no1 attacking you, you should able to enter VM even when your fleet on the air.

something to add, allow VM while constructing buildings and researching technologies. ships and defenses excluded!
this has no influence on abusing.
but freeze everything while in VM so it pauses the research and construction.