Re: [All Universes] Discussion about Game development

There is more people joining the game, but the numbers of people online never increase....
Extreme = Players Online 150+-
Standard = Players Online 130+-

The numbers of player online stay at it is since i first join the game until now. I did be surprice if i see "Players Online 1000" 1 day...

As for ACS attack, i think it's better to give Standard Universe players a chances to decide implement or not. I suggest start a poll on forum, and link it to the first page of Zorg, so everyone can notice the poll and make their own decision. Single people judgement is nothing, we follow the majority. Just my 2cents.

What about all the player who invested time and money into standard because it was said that their will be ACS Attack installed. Now that you have decied not to implment it, we are stuck in a uni that is not going to have what we want. I started to play this uni because it was new and I would have a chance to play with the top players and have the fun of crashing fleets. Not just sitting here taken out defence over a coures of 3 days. I would like to know what you could do for the fleeters who feel trick to investing into standard instead of just building up etreme. I know for one that I would have not every started in standard if it was a chance that ACS would not be there.
THERE WILL BE NO MORE TURTLE POWER IN STANDAR ANYMORE!!!
WE FLEETERS ARE STARTING TO FLIP YOU ON YOUR BACK AND SPIN YOU AROUND UNTIL YOU GIVE UP!!!!!

The controversy regarding implementation of ACS is not only in X-Treme, but also in Standard. A decision apparently has now been taken, but saying it is fair for everyone is far from the reality and I really miss any logic or reasoning in it. Calling it fair feels like a kick in the balls and then calling that fair as well :shock:

What use to the current players of Standard is a new Standard Universe, identical to the one we have, but which will have the ACS attack we wish to have and require to make this enjoyable for fleeters? Your decision basically means, that all players in Standard, who have been counting on ACS attack, can pack their bags and move to a new server to start all over again?? I am sure I do not need to post this, but what about all the work we put into our empires? Just forget about it and redo it all?? So months of work for nothing to have the joy to do it again?? No joke? :o

How about implementing ACS attack in the current standard universe and then creating a new Standard Universe without ACS attack for people who wish nothing more than to build mines??

How much the playerbase appreciates the efforts of the dev team, this is just ridiculous.. It seems the playerbase can suggest stuff, in the end it does not matter much.

I can only talk about the Standard Universe, since that’s where I play, but fleeters are absolutely screwed there without ACS attack. I for one have a reasonable fleet, which has been hovering in orbit of my moons for months now, without actually attacking any big targets. Reason for this is as Nitzerebb has already tried to explain: we cannot hit anything, without a good chance of having your entire fleet crushed by DS coming through jumpgates for a mediocre result compared to the risks taken. A lot of posts followed that, with a lot of nonsence about hurdles in the game and finding your way around them... what a waste of words.. :roll:

Without ACS attack in Standard, the situation stays as it is: a close to dead universe with no real strategy in fleetmovements. Talking about statistics and how many players join, looks very weird if you actualy play there and know what the situation is like. Just look at the top30 there.. and with the new feature of player statistics (great improvement btw!!!), we can all see, where the points are coming from – sad to conclude, the points are not coming from actively playing the game, coming up with good attacks, teamwork etc.. think direction of more and more rubies - that is where the so-called balance lies?? If anyone wants to kick a big fleet: buy your way there with Euro’s, as there is no other way to get to the big boys! Wonder why anyone still bothers building fleets at all.. :think: Wouldn't it be great to have this situation changed somewhat?

This final decision about ACS is a bad one, no sense to it whatsoever. Please reconsider this being final! :pray:

Make a vote on the matter now: who is pro ACS attack and who is against ACS attack. And for anyone who is against it, I really wonder what strategy in gameplay they have chosen to justify not wanting this implemented.
There are 2 kinds of players: miners and fleeters.. Turtles?? Either confused miners or failed fleeters!

But then why most top fleeters have come here and are voting for ACS attack?

Rava #1, XPDC #2, Elm #3, GTO #5, Ragnorac #7, me #9 (all fleet rankings) from standard universe.

I dont believe so many high ranked players (and leaders of big allies) can be that wrong about this issue while spending tons of hours and money every day. Where is the motivation even for the smaller fleeter in a big ally. He can contribute, well not much.
Last edited by NitzerEbb on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

So what you're saying is that the minority (high-ranked fleeters) should get special treatment over the majority (everyone else)? Standard was designed to be a casual universe. You knew that when you signed up.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

ACS attack would play a dramatic role for the active fleeters in Standard Universe for sure, no doubt about it - ask the fleeters, the answer is already given by some in this forum. A good point by KarrothMelu there, that it may be the high ranking fleeters who ask for ACS attack, even if it perhaps is slightly badly formulated. If ACS attack is implemented, then it is no special treatment, it is equal for everyone, so the same to all. :dance: However saying: you knew what the server was like from the beginning, so don't say anything, seems a bit silly. Something like: do not upgrade to something better, because.. why improve?

Basically it only are the people who build somewhat of a fleet, big or even small, who can join largescale attacks and guess what they will be attacking:
1. other fleets that match their own or are bigger and produce DFs of millions
or
2. miners with thousends turrets and a couple 100k of ressis to collect

At the moment it are only those high ranking fleeters who could do largescale attacks, if they bother to do them at all, since they still have do be done solo against a potential ACS defend and DS jumping the gates.

To be realistic, anyone who is as called "casual", will not really bear great interest of the people who like to kick it - as in, they do not really have much to offer the high ranking fleeter anyway, we want to have spacebattles and not bombard the surface of the planet. No matter how you take it, you either fleetsave regularly or at a certain point someone will find your riches and plunder them. And if those riches keep coming, the raidfleets will keep returning to pick them up. Every gal in standard has at least some fleeters and active players in it, who do this. Question is: how much fun is it in the long run? :roll:

But so far we have not seen real complaints or people from Standard Universe speaking out against ACS attack coming our way. Only people who wish to have it badly... But if there are people who have reservations about it, I would be very interested in hearing their positions on it.

Like is said, ACS would be a great thing in the competition with other games in the genre. Why would this not apply to all universes of Zorg Empire, why does that not apply for the Standard Universe and why even bother making an infiriour universe?

If it is the fact, that any further discussion is pointless and the plans are set as posted, then let there be no discussion about it anymore. But if it is so, please confirm this here by saying so: no ACS for current Standard Universe, period. No votes, no longterm maybe's.

This said, I just repectfully want to add, before some again feels like reminding me: this is a free game - to certain extend - and we all play out of free will. But if the gods can control life, why won't they hand out some sweets instead of those crappy lemons!
There are 2 kinds of players: miners and fleeters.. Turtles?? Either confused miners or failed fleeters!