Re: [All Universes] Discussion about Game development

OFF TOPIC:

Reference #1: When I am reading through applicants for mod position, I never look the alliance tag and yes, it is only me that decides the mods for the forums.

Reference #2:Every month a new game pops out and most of the time many players from Zorg take leading roles there. It is not suprising; Zorg has some of the best players in the genre. I am asking you however to keep the negative energy that sources from exactly your new roles to a limit, or else I will have to take protective measurements.

-------------------

No more off topic posts will be allowed. Please mods feel free to EDIT posts PARTIALLY or wholy if need be. This discussion is not about "A general rant of what we like or not" but a discussion regarding forthcoming features.

no acs attack for standard universe for laughable reasons will kill the rest of top fleeters. no real explanation and u dont know whats really going on there. why is this thread even called "all univsrses" and suddenly only extreme gets ACS attack?
Here are the facts:

ACS Attack has been promised to X-TREME Universe players while it was always an anticipated feature by the majority of the playerbase (since the game start).
and what is with this announcement in standard universe?
From User Zorg in official announcement forum and in standard universe
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4183
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4213

ACS Attack
================
ACS Attack will be implemented into Standard once it is ready and tested in Beta.
Once a month of flawless operation passes (in the new universe, so minimum time to occur is December), we will put a site-wide voting poll in both existing universes. Each player with playing time of over 15 days will be forced to vote. If a 65% votes in favor of ACS attack, we will implement it.
now first u told there will be a vote and now it is cancelled for no reason.
Standard server will not get ACS Attack. We will create in the future an extra IDENTICAL universe as Standard which will have ACS Attack.
no comment!

NitzerEbb,
Sure if you dig more, you will find more inconsistent declarations, but you will also find consistent. The realistic answer is that we reserve our rights to decide for the best interest of the game, no matter what.

Reading your post, I was left wondering why you want exactly the opposite (from our decisions) in both universes.

Your post supports:
-No ACS to X-TREME
-ACS to standard

Are you trying in purpose to create controversy or indeed this is the best scenario for you ?

We can take fire, but at least state your intentions (and reasonings). Throwing just rants and complaints (flame in general) is neither helpful nor constructive.

Thank you

I never said i dont want any ACS attack in Xtreme. Both servers deserve ACS attack. A promised feature from the very beginning. Just a few weeks ago u announced there will be a vote and it turned into a maybe. No word why this vote has been cancelled.

You started the controversy with enabling ACS attack only in extreme (and announcement thread has been locked from the very first second...) U want to transform the current standard universe into a turtle universe. simple as that.

Whats the future idea here? Now we will face 4 unis (current standard , excuse me, a turtle uni without ACS and then an announced new standard + ACS attack, xTreme with ACS, a complete new uni in late november with different speed settings + ACS attack).

NitzerEbb, you are right to complain. And any player would be right to complain about ACS attack decisions.

Truth is that we made a mistake; We were not clear about implementation and it took us a fairly long time to get to a final decision that will stay. You can find our controversy in decisions in official announcements and if you search Zorg posts, I am sure you will find a lot more.

Our way to apologize;
-Admission of the mistake
-No repetition of the same mistake
-More development than initially programmed in order to "compensate" loyal players.

Regarding the logic behind the decisions, they are clearly to provide different options for the different nature of players found. As promised, in the future, a slow paced universe with ACS attack will be implemented and unfortunately you will have to wait for it. We wanted a universe without ACS in our current universe list, and this had to be Standard as neither Speed nor X-TREME would be successful without it. Standard in contrary, can be successful without ACS. A universe is successful when it has an active playerbase and can generate at least $1 of profit.

We know that you can never have everyone happy with modifications and tweaks. We now also now that you must inform everyone before hand for changes. Please accept the fact that we are still a game that evolves and during the process, mistakes are probable. We are always though try our best and will keep doing so.

Thank you for your support so far and we hope you will continue.
We apologize for our mistake and this is not a simple apology. We know that we messed up the plans of many players and we feel bad about it.

For statistic lovers, Zorg Empire handles more than 2000-2500 new registrations every month, in both universes. However, we do care a lot for current players and we really dislike when we fail to live up to the expectation any single player has.

Statistically, we can afford to ignore single complains and move on. However, we cannot morally progress with development without at least admitting our mistake. We enjoy development of this game and we want all the players to enjoy it as well. Differences will exist, give us the time and support and we will become better to match your will.

Well at least a posting which tries to explain some stuff. Nevertheless i cant understand the idea behind it. Standard isnt for "casual gamers", isnt just for "i only want to click mines" but its definately a "no go for fleeters" from now on. This decision will cut the stream of new players for standard universe even more.

To ease your concerns a bit, here are some of our stats:

X-TREME
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Latest 7 days: Joined 230
Latest 30 days: Joined 971

Standard
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Latest 7 days: Joined 367
Latest 30 days: Joined 1316

We pay attention to user activity and players joined. In fact Standard has had an increase in active players recently while X-TREME had a small drop.