Re: SirDuction [Vengeance] VS Lukin [RAWK]

It's a different scale though. I'm around 18 to 21 on the overall rankings, shy of 100k points.

The #90 player currently - and granted we don't know if he has fleets in the air, or what-not, so the rankings aren't necessarily to a "T" ... is an AZG player with ~30k points. Yeah, I'm a good bit bigger, but that's 70ish ranks.

Then you go to a top 5 overall and the point gap is 3x for a ranking jump of only 10-15 ranks. There's not much for it. There are players in the 50s that have planets too heavily-defended for me to attack or fleets that I can't single-handedly crash for a profit. I mean, I can destroy their fleet totally, but at a net loss to myself as well, so I don't do it.

Most of the Vengeance guys don't have that issue. If they want to crash someone it's as simple as "will I hit him, or will he get out of the way." There's no specter of losing a fleet. If you throw everything at them on an attack they might lose more than they expected, but you'll lose everything.

Meaning that it doesn't impact how I play that much. I'm not going to waste time probing planets of players who have almost as many points in defense as I do, total. I'll hunt players within 75k or so of me either way, and avoid the players with 150k+ points of me. Somebody sends 7 death stars and ~1000 destroyers at me? I move. Can't do anything else.

It'll change somewhat over time, if people are dedicated enough to closing the gap - has to, for the game's health. It's not good for the game when the top 20 players are all in 1-3 alliances. But it will take time and if someone's committed to keeping it from happening they can really impede parity.
I got the rationale of a New York cop
I got the patience of a chopping block

Sadbutrue wrote:exactly but its better then just one alliance being in the top 10. without a danger to your fleet and dominance the game would become boring
That's almost how it is at the moment, though. I suspect gumppy or Istalris could really knock the crap out of a ~V~ fleet if both parties brought everything to bear. But either of those two would really limp away from it, and that's one ~V~ fleet. So there's really no reason to attempt it.
I got the rationale of a New York cop
I got the patience of a chopping block

Yeah, thanks for the moon which you gave me by blowing up the solar sats I used
to research graviton, in an attack where you lost nearly as many points as I did,
on a planet that had almost no resources for you to get and no fleet
and with me recovering all the debris you left behind when I went online because you didn't calculate
correctly the required recyclers :lol:
Did you like the taste of my gaus cannons ;)
See you in battle :P
Destroy it and in three days I will rebuild it