Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Raides

Its come to my attention that:

-I cannot raid someone elses resources to 0.

Why?

Because i sent multiple espionage probes before i raided someones planet. I saw the amount of resources that was availbale for my ever growing empire via the reports. Lets say that was 80k worth of resources as an example, i then sent enough cargo space so i can consume atleast 100k. Minus the fuel will still leave me with around atleast 96k space for resources.

After the raid, i was only able to extract around 80percent of the resources i saw in the espionage reports. I thought that someone might have used the resources or someone had raided before me. So i resend a espionage probe again, and surprise. The missing resources i should have gotten is still on the planet!

So, is there some rule that i specifically cannot empty someones planet or is it just my crew are lazy and cant bother getting everything even if there is space?
The pen, when correctly used can be sharper than the blade.

Re: Raides

Slash wrote:An attack will only yield 50% of the available resources.
That is terrible news for the attacker...but i see the logic in it...

So if i reattack i get 50 percent from whats left...so ill get a total of around 75percent of what i initially wanted:/

Therefor its always best to attack someone with lots of resources instead of tiny picks...hmm...fair enough.

Actually, you are better off sending waves of attacks on a fruitful planet. The first being your largest, then so on.

Just a caution note: defenses are rebuilt 70% after an attack (except IPM attacks). So don't expect your first attack to wipe him clean.

Slash wrote:Actually, you are better off sending waves of attacks on a fruitful planet. The first being your largest, then so on.

Just a caution note: defenses are rebuilt 70% after an attack (except IPM attacks). So don't expect your first attack to wipe him clean.
Ye but if my first attacks get through i can do it again unless he rebuilds^^ and i go for the same amount.

Either way thank you that was helpfull^^ I have yet to see how my foods will aquire any decent defences as i farm them four times a day:D

Ye but if my first attacks get through i can do it again unless he rebuilds^^ and i go for the same amount.
he doesnt have to rebuild. 70% of the defences (rocket launchers, light lasers, etc) come back. instantly. so two fleets, one attacking to wipe out defence and one to raid wont work.
Greatness isn't bestowed; it's chased. And only the best catch it.

Bobrox2000 wrote:
he doesnt have to rebuild. 70% of the defences (rocket launchers, light lasers, etc) come back. instantly. so two fleets, one attacking to wipe out defence and one to raid wont work.
The second fleet hopefully wont need to meet as much defences? Atleast it was so when someone attacked me...somehow that 70percent felt like 10percent^^

Bobrox2000 wrote:
Actually, its a 70% chance that it will return, so you COULD end up not recovering any.

Actually, its a 70% chance that it will return, so you COULD end up not recovering any.
very small chance. very, very small. its best just to assume there is a 70% recovery.
Greatness isn't bestowed; it's chased. And only the best catch it.