Re: defense upgrades

Just a notice though, next time use at least 10 as minimum testing amount. Using 1 as minimum does not provide realistic battle conditions and it has a slightly different result which is caused by the shield different amount.
I did all my tests by the 100 eg : vs 100rips.
I used to do it in the 1000 but with the 9,9mil limit on sims its hard to test LL vs rips then.
In the zorg universe, if you go to sleep expect to smell napalm in the morning.

the the most basic way of putting it:

a PLASMA CANNON costs
50.000 metal with trading ratio of 4(or 3 if ya want) = 12.500 deut (16.666 deut)
50.000 crystal with trading ratio of 2 = 25.000 deut
25.000 deut
total of = 62.500 deut (66.666 duet)

ION CANNON
2500metal /4 (/3) = 625 deut (833 deut)
5000crystal /2 = 2500 deut
total of = 3.125 deut (3.333 deut)

PLASMA vs ION RATIO
62.500 = 3.125 x 20
66.666 = 3.333 x 20,0018

Ion cannon stats x 20
structure 7.500 x 20 = 150.000
shields 500 x 20 = 10.000
damage 150 x 20 = 3.000

plasma cannon
structure = 100.000
shields = 300
damage = 3.000

at same cost:
ions give 1,5 x structure points
ions give 33x more shielding
ions give the SAME damage.

so the only advantage of a pc is when you have only 1 that it wont be destroyed. since it can only die from a ipm. and with biger numbers than oh say 5? there a waste matched to ions....

LL
750 metal /3 = 250 deut
250 crystal /2 = 125 deut
50 deut
total = 425 duet

PLASMA vs LL RATIO
62.500 = 425 x 147,0588

LL stats x 147
structure 1.000 x 147 = 147.000
shields 25 x 147 = 3.675
damage 100 x 147 = 14.700

compared to the LL atm its also worse in all stats.
In the zorg universe, if you go to sleep expect to smell napalm in the morning.

http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... f=2&t=3941

That's the page that was created by dexternl on how good defenses are. Ion Cannons and Light Lasers are basically the best defenses.

Anyway, I wish this would take place. Defense really needs a kick if it's to have any purpose at all. With the rate that fleets are growing, and the number of defenses that are being destroyed in a battle in the matter of a round or two, something really needs to be done.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

I know that Zorg is extremely busy with making sure the new server and new systems are still up and running (fixing bugs, etc.), but I'll mention it to him.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

Look, as a last call/throw in of information, I think that ion, plasma, and laser techs should each add in damage for each type of defensive structure.

Laser Technology: should give Light Lasers 5% damage per lvl, Ion Cannons 5% per lvl, and Plasma Cannons 5% per lvl.

Ion Technology: should give Ion Cannons 5% more damage per lvl, and Plasma Cannons 5% per lvl.

Plasma Technology: should give Plasma Cannons 5% more damage per lvl.

If this happened, not ony would defenses get an awesome boost, but this would also give Plasma Cannons much more power. That would make them the Powerhouse of ships, like they should be.

10 Gale Points FTW

acewoonder wrote:Look, as a last call/throw in of information, I think that ion, plasma, and laser techs should each add in damage for each type of defensive structure.

Laser Technology: should give Light Lasers 5% damage per lvl, Ion Cannons 5% per lvl, and Plasma Cannons 5% per lvl.

Ion Technology: should give Ion Cannons 5% more damage per lvl, and Plasma Cannons 5% per lvl.

Plasma Technology: should give Plasma Cannons 5% more damage per lvl.

If this happened, not ony would defenses get an awesome boost, but this would also give Plasma Cannons much more power. That would make them the Powerhouse of ships, like they should be.
Not a bad idea although it sounds too overpowered. But we can scale it down to our needs. I am always fond of locking techs with specific defenses/ships and combine buff with each level gain. To me, in this way, you add depth to the game and every experienced players is hungry for more depth.

We could start with an easy add that would be hardly controversial/debatable:
Plasma Technology: should give Plasma Cannons x% more damage per lvl.

You only have to decided how much X will be.

3%

also, the % should be of original base not current total

so 3% pf base damage increase per plasma level = 90 damage per level

average player can simply get level 10 plasma technology = 900 bonus damage for plasma cannon

anymore than 3% and they could tip into the overpowered area instead of balance

also, something you guys may have overlooked is that plasma technology is also linked with Bombers, they obviously use plasma bombs as their orbit to surface weaponry, so the 3% increase (or whatever increase/bonus you decide) has to apply to Bombers as well or it will make no sense

dont know about the others though as ions and light lasers obviously dont need buffing anymore than they already are
thanks for the awesome sig surrias <3

I guess not, but I gave it a shot, especially since the ion and laser technology is a requirement for plasma technology.

I agree with shandris, except for the part on bombers. We're trying to fix the defense thing, and you're trying to up the power of a defense eater?

Anyway, now that we're on the point of fixing plasma cannons, how shall we fix gauss cannons?

10 Gale Points FTW