Re: Over kill much VVV?

acewoonder wrote: First off, its called "Death Stars". Secondly, don't you think a million of them is a tad over-exagerating?
Alright, two can play at this game.

First, "its" should have an apostrophe between the "t" and the "s", indicating the "it is". Seeing as there are more than one Death Star, it is improper to refer to them as "it", for there are many and should be addressed as "they". And "over-exagerating", besides the fact that "exagerating" is spelled incorrectly, it's not used properly. Because it's a verb, being that it's something you do, you should consider using the alternate form "exaggerated". If you used over-exaggerating in the manner of, "You're over-exaggerating", then you would be grammatically correct. Or if you changed the sentence structure to, "Secondly, don't you think a million of them is over-exaggerating a tad?", then it would fine.

This is the internet, people don't have to possess refined grammar and spelling abilities. In fact, I'm certain a large majority of the community do not speak English as their native, and first, language. So to go around and make yourself look like some English teacher, or a "Grammar Nazi" straight out of high school, you might make yourself look like a dick. Especially when you have errors within your own writing... :|
Last edited by -DT- on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

loko wrote:Alright Clansman... I was not formally invited to this discussion, I wasn't even aware of it until earlier today. Here is the reason why I hit you. Nothing personal just chasing a bigger fleet. My fleet runs on resources. I stopped at a planet and saw 2 snacks that would help me build up my mines on the planet i was resting at. Since you did have some defences and resources i decided not to lose any of my LC's so i sent a couple extra BS to pick up resources and give me 0 losses if you were to ninja or ACS defend against it. Now learn to fleetsave and stop thinking that people hit you because of some crazy conspiracy theory. Learn what YOU did wrong and DONT do it again.
Ill stray off topic since the purpose of this topic is moot anyways, welcome to the forums Loko, was beginning to miss you
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

fishpondadmin wrote:Clansman would you like a tissue to dry those eyes?

Can I get a tissue lol I cried laughing at this thread! I tried fleeting and yes VVV crashed me, but I left myself open to it (fell asleep at computer without FS) But I took it like a man, and became a turtle and miner as I really dont have the time to FS and be back at set times so fleet is outa question for me, and didnt write anything that would be laughed at later lol