Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Energy

Does energy currently affect output?
Im 1.2k energy in the red on one planet,and when I edit my resources to return it to positive values, their is no increase in production, only a loss in the mine I set to a lower percentage.
So essentially what Im saying is, if energy being in the red brings negative effects, what are the effects?
++MORTURI NOLUMNUS MORI++OMNISSIAH SAEVIO PROCUL VESTRI HIC++VOS ERO DEFAECO++NEX UT HOSTILIS DEUS OF MACHINA++

Re: Energy

I am not able to replicate what you describe.

On one of my planets with DS at 100%-
Total: M)11.891 C)5.980 D)4.527 E)-1.184

When I reduce to 90% and hit calculate-
Total: M)12.756 C)6.416 D)4.385 E)51

Everything increased except for the mine that I decreased production rate in. Seems to be working fine for me.

From what I understand is that negative energy lowers the efficiency of your production (decreased output). Basically, for every X amount of negative energy it decreases output X amount. When you manually decrease the production rate of a mine you have fewer points of production loss so it causes the output of the other mines to increase.

It is actually for every % of energy you lack for the required energy, your mines' output decreases by that %.

Sample:
all of your mines require a total of 1,000 energy for 100% output. If you only have 600 energy ( - 400), all your mines will only give 60% output.
Let's say your metal mine alone needs 400 energy. You can completely shut it down which will bring down the energy you need to 600. ( 0 )
This should allow the crystal mine and the deuterium synthesizer to both give 100% output.

Excess energy will not give you extra production.
You also have a basic income which is unaffected by the energy.
Seasons end.

Hmmm fair enough. I havent checked the percentage yet, but on the planet Im talking about, it did not change the metal or deuterium outputs when I edited my crystal output so that the energy would go back into the positives. I would have though that 1.2k energy is at least a percentr :S
++MORTURI NOLUMNUS MORI++OMNISSIAH SAEVIO PROCUL VESTRI HIC++VOS ERO DEFAECO++NEX UT HOSTILIS DEUS OF MACHINA++