Re: New Ship: Super Cargo Ship

I know I'm a little late on replying on this topic (later than everyone exept for Zorg), but shouldn't the cargo hold be downsized a little? That's a little high, even for the cost. Maybe kick it back to 8 and a half mill, since you would already be carrying WAY more than it costs.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Re: New Ship: Super Cargo Ship

I don't care if its weak. All non battling ships are supposed to be weak. The cargo space, though, is overwhelmingly high. For the cost, and adding in the other factors, I say that the cargo space should be cut back a little. Like I also said, 8-8.5 mill would be more than enough space, especially if you count the cost.

Btw, zorg said to fix all the last minute 'tweaks', so I don't think any "neighsayers" as you described me -_- are going to make much of a difference.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Re: New Ship: Zorg Cargo Ship

In that thread i read:
structure points: 125k

That would mean that this new big cargo space ship would be the default ships send along with the 1..5k BC attacks.
If I'm correct this means that they don't get destroyed so quickly like happending when sending large cargo's

example:
a battle with 1000BC vs some defence would result in 0 loss. (but low cargo space)
a battle with 1000BC + 300Large cargo can result in like 50~100 Large cargo ships lost.
a battle with 1000BC + **Zorg cargo ships with 125k structure points would again be 0 loss right?

So that would mean its cheaper to raid people unless the ship has enourmous deteurium costs, or would be extremely slow like RIP's.

Just wanted to point this out.
In the zorg universe, if you go to sleep expect to smell napalm in the morning.

dexternal- armor is derived from structure points, which comes into account after more damage to the stack of ships has been taken than the shields can absorb. So in order to have no loss, you need high shields, and structure points is irrelevant. But once shields have been breached, high structure points (and therefore high armor) will reduce the number of casualties taken.
For example:

Hypothetical ship type 1
Number 100
Shield 500
Armor 100

Damage dealt to stack is 40,000, but shields can absorb up to 50,000, so no casualties.

Hypothetical ship type 2
Number 100
Shield 100
Armor 500

Damage dealt to stack is 40,000, shields absorb 10,000 leaving 30,000 going to armor. 30,000 divided by 500 equals 60 ships lost.

yes i know but 125k structure points means it takes alot to get it down.
a BS only has 60k structure points so they would be destroyed first right?
I mean this is how it seems to go useally, the ships with the least structure points get killed first (but im no battle engine exper on this)

normally if you get like 30k dmg over the shielding you get you loose some LC ships
with a higher structure points ship 30k dmg shouldn't do a thing.
In the zorg universe, if you go to sleep expect to smell napalm in the morning.