Re: New server impression

i'll know more in 40 mins when the traditional 6am server time lag use to strike!! It use to be the only constant in the universe..if that is gone i won't know what to b!tch about when it stops me from doing a lanx :shock:

EDIT ok now i will have to find something else to complain about ;)

took me 12 minutes to go from 1 to 499 which well over half the time under old server...means trackin player planets down will go much faster for me now!!(sure everyone will be happy with that news..Blame Zorg he did it!!)

It was working great earlier today.

But...
Logged in a few mins ago and it seemed a bit slow. When I tried going to the galaxy screen, it only showed half of the system and it has been loading forever. Tried to navigate away from the galaxy screen but it just keeps loading.
I cleared private data and reset firefox. Now I can't go past the log-in screen. The background image won't even load. :cry:

I deleted cookies, cache, private data. +CCleaner. Tried it in FF, Opera and IE. Still the same.
Will try it again in a few hours.

EDIT: It works fine when I use a proxy based in the US or Canada or UK.

Edit: It's now past 0700 server time. I can now login normally but I still notice a little lag.
Seasons end.

neoshagrath wrote:It was working great earlier today.

But...
Logged in a few mins ago and it seemed a bit slow. When I tried going to the galaxy screen, it only showed half of the system and it has been loading forever. Tried to navigate away from the galaxy screen but it just keeps loading.
I cleared private data and reset firefox. Now I can't go past the log-in screen. The background image won't even load. :cry:

I deleted cookies, cache, private data. +CCleaner. Tried it in FF, Opera and IE. Still the same.
Will try it again in a few hours.

EDIT: It works fine when I use a proxy based in the US or Canada or UK.

Edit: It's now past 0700 server time. I can now login normally but I still notice a little lag.
Have you tried other sites when you noticed the lag ? This would be nice as you could compare in this way to see if this is a local issue of yours.
It sounds exceptionally weird that you have been able to access it normally through a proxy and not in first place. Perhaps you were using a proxy in first place too ?

As a general note, use of proxy servers slow down YOUR response time a lot and puts you in danger of earning a ban (still not easy to get banned as these bands are issued manually and it is difficult for an administrator to make such a mistake). It is generally recommended not to use any proxies.

Another factor in server lag, are netsplits which can cause temporal problems.

Finally, lets also take note of the distance to our server which plays a role. Current server is located in US, texas and it is normal for USA users to achieve faster ping times. While these differences are usually less than 0.2 seconds, the netsplits can rise this significantly as the longer the distance, the more servers interfere so the risk of hitting a crashed service provider among the way is greater. Still, these are rare.

Administrator wrote:Have you tried other sites when you noticed the lag ? This would be nice as you could compare in this way to see if this is a local issue of yours.
It sounds exceptionally weird that you have been able to access it normally through a proxy and not in first place. Perhaps you were using a proxy in first place too ?
Yep I tried all other sites that I frequent. I'm only having problems at ZE.net
No. I don't use proxies normally. It's just that I read "Do note that during this time the game may be available to some but not to others.", so I thought of using a proxy. The server also went down a few hours before the server migration. When it was back up, I can no longer access ZE.com. That's when I tried a proxy and it worked.
Administrator wrote:As a general note, use of proxy servers slow down YOUR response time a lot and puts you in danger of earning a ban (still not easy to get banned as these bands are issued manually and it is difficult for an administrator to make such a mistake). It is generally recommended not to use any proxies.
Well I freaked out when they said the server is back up and I'm not in vacation mode and I can't access ZE.com. :oops:

Though it is now working fine. Better than it was before. But I still get random lags. I'll see how it goes in the next few days.
Seasons end.