Thanksgiving Dinner

Well Thanksgiving is next week... i was just wondering what everyone was having.

I am have turkey, stuffing, olives, cranberry sauce, some really good brussels sprouts with pancetta, mashed potatoes, green beens, gravy...

it will be good...
Leader of Eldrith Pirates

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

I start making Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night by laying out the home made noodles and prepping the pie crust.

Tuesday, its cutting the noodles and baking the pumpkin pie. I'm also making cherry delight- cherry cheesecake with graham cracker crust.

Wednesday gets busy. Got a 22 lbs bird. Clean, salt, and spice the bird. Use the giblets to make stock for gravy and stuffing. Prep the stuffing- both in bird and pan bake. Prep the ham for the beans.

Thursday its up early. Bird cooks for about six hours. Then things get really insane...

The menu is: turkey, stuffing, cranberries, candied yams with marshmallow topping, mashed potatoes and gray, green beans and ham, corn, buttermilk rolls, noodles in turkey gravy, pumpkin pie, and cherry delight. I have to make two of everything as my future in-laws are salt intolerant. The turkey won't be a problem as the cavities are the only thing salted.

This is the 17th year I've cooked the dinner and I've got it down to an art. I use Friday through Sunday to recover. heh.