Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Useless tech improvements?

Sorry for not searching this to see if it's already been answered, but couldn't think of a search term that would work.

Some techs only say they're needed for something specific.. do they have any value if increased beyond that?

For example:

Energy tech: is there any value in increasing it once you've reached the levels mentioned as requirements in the technologies tab? I've raised it to see if it improves energy production (e.g., for fusion reactors), and it didn't.

Other techs that state no value after a certain level: hyperspace technology (as opposed to hyperspace engine technology), laser tech, ion tech, plasma tech, and graviton tech (not that I have level one yet).

TIA for any insights.

Re: Useless tech improvements?

Oloros wrote:Energy tech: is there any value in increasing it once you've reached the levels mentioned as requirements in the technologies tab? I've raised it to see if it improves energy production (e.g., for fusion reactors), and it didn't.
There are some benefits along the tech upgrade. Although here the energy tech upgrade should have a direct upgrade ratio with fusion reactor`s energy production, look it up in the fusion reactor manifesto for details. Although I found that this function if not still operational. So I guess we have to wait for it to take effect.

I do not know for sure about the other tech upgrade as I myself is a newbie here.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Espionage Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Computer Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Weapons Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Shield Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Armour Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Energy Technology-upgrades do nothing

Hyperspace Technology-upgrades do nothing

Combustion Engine-upgrades are always beneficial

Impulse Engine-upgrades are always beneficial

Hyperspace Engine-upgrades are always beneficial

Laser Technology-upgrades do nothing

Ion Technology-upgrades do nothing

Plasma Technology-upgrades do nothing

Intergalactic Research Network- upgrades are beneficial AS LONG AS you have a number of research labs equal to or greater than the level of this tech

Expedition Technology-upgrades are beneficial AS LONG AS this tech does not exceed computer tech

Graviton Technology-upgrades do nothing

Thatguyeric wrote:Espionage Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Computer Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Weapons Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Shield Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Armour Technology-upgrades are always beneficial

Energy Technology-upgrades do nothing

Hyperspace Technology-upgrades do nothing

Combustion Engine-upgrades are always beneficial

Impulse Engine-upgrades are always beneficial

Hyperspace Engine-upgrades are always beneficial

Laser Technology-upgrades do nothing

Ion Technology-upgrades do nothing

Plasma Technology-upgrades do nothing

Intergalactic Research Network- upgrades are beneficial AS LONG AS you have a number of research labs equal to or greater than the level of this tech

Expedition Technology-upgrades are beneficial AS LONG AS this tech does not exceed computer tech

Graviton Technology-upgrades do nothing
That's very nice to know. Thanks for clearing it all up.

Andover wrote:Energy Research ARE beneficial, Each upgrade gives more bang for your buck on Fusion Reactors, esp. with the new update coming thats gonna make them even better.

If you go pure Solar then yes its useless other than to tech for a few ships and buildings.
Honestly, if you are going to contradict the several posters before you, you should know what you're talking about. Energy tech does not currently work. Trust me on this one ;)