Re: Last One to Post Wins

Well it bothers me. NO SMOKING is fine. It states a declaration. NO SMOKING, any questions? Fine. But sadly those signs are now being replaced with: Thank you for not smoking. Oh my God, are you kidding me. What kind of phrase is that? It sounds like your begging them not to smoke. No smoking, please? There’s a difference here that’s worth noting. It’s like your thanking them for not giving you emphysema. Its weak language. If I were in charge this would not be so.

In fact, I might go a little too far in the opposite direction. My sign would say something like: Smoke if you wish, but if you do, be prepared for the following series of events. First, we will confiscate your cigarette and extinguish it somewhere on the surface of your skin. We will then run your nicotine stained fingers through a paper shredder and throw them into the street, where wild dogs will swallow and then regurgitate them into the sewers so that infected rats can further soil them before there’re flushed out to sea with the rest of the cities filth. After such time, we will systematically seek out your friends and loved ones and destroy their lives.

A sign like that should make smokers think a little more before lighting up within a radius of 3 miles.

I dont think id go that far. My sign's would say something like:

"Dont smoke. We wont stop you. Nor will we spend the taxpayer money to put you in the hospital when you get lung cancer. Your coverage will not cover having your teeth fixed when they start falling out. Thank you, have a wonderful day."

Smoking companies are stupid. They put "Smoking Kills" on each packet of cigarettes.

I think their marketing department are playing with a couple short of a full deck of cards, if you catch my drift. :lol:

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Istalris wrote:Smoking companies are stupid. They put "Smoking Kills" on each packet of cigarettes.

I think their marketing department are playing with a couple short of a full deck of cards, if you catch my drift. :lol:

-Istalris-
I'm afraid they have no choice - it is mandatory to put stupid warnings like "smoking can be hazardous to your health" ... etc as they are to do a difference :roll: .. the only way to stop stinkers is to ban it all together - in EU (except for Austria :x ) it is finaly a pleasure to have a nice dinner in a restaurant without inhailing the smoke of cheap cigarettes and without your hair and clothes absorbing the stink... i would exempt cigars though, they have nice smell