Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: Game ends when?

Sadbutrue wrote:this would be a different story if everyone started at the same time. even in 2-3 months from now the top players are on top and will stay on top.

what is wrong with having a high scores list and save the record of the game and start over. I have played games with resets and the same people are on top regardless. its not like the good players are banned after resets. this way players have difficulties and it keeps the game interesting. its not like only the big get reset, everyone does. dont you want to prove your abilities to new people and not have them say that you are only better since you had a head start of several months? a year?
Check my Joined Date. I made this account within fifteen minutes of creating my game account. Now check my in-game rank. Anyone can have a Top 25 account in a very short time. Anyone.

I've made it my mission to inform anyone that asks how to play this game and succeed at it. It's the reason I'm the forum moderator. So no, there will be other players filling the top ranks and if you work at it, it could be you in less than a month's time.

As far as "proving" my skill to new players- it won't matter if the game is reset or not. The cycle of new players entering the game will continue and there will be the same worthless whining and complaining. Only you may have one of those hard earned top accounts only to see all that work deleted because someone doesn't understand sportsmanship, hard work, and the competitive spirit in a combat based game.

I know, don't call the next version "Zorg's Empire". Call it "Care Bear Palace". And don't have combat ships. Have things like a Hug Star or a Kiss Cruiser. And instead of taking away points, have them give them when they attack. Do away with ranks altogether and roast marshmallows while singing Kumbia.

I doubt that most of the major players would want to play again if the game reset. It would be a much better idea just to open up new universes for the "whiners" to join. In answer to what people seem to think, the top players will definatley not always be on top. Once ACS is enabled the top players will be in constant flux. For example, Mintaka, the current number 1 would drop like a stone when faced with an ACS attack from Vengeance. People then may say, oh well then Vengeance will dominate. Well, no. No alliance will always be firm top spot, nor will a player. They will always be vulnerable to ACS attacks from others. That's what enables a game like this to continue. Also, i dont imagine that top players will continue playing for years and years, eventually they will quit allowing other generations of players to take their place.
I agree with you too Slash, if something like this is going to happen i would like to know now too so i dont waste my time playing anymore.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

People are getting crazy(maybe just me :D ) over some rumors.
Or is it?
Zorg wrote:We are planning a suprise new feature that will let the users decide this.
Zorg never mentioned any resets specifically.
Maybe we will have a poll on having a new universe or not. :P
And maybe the shiny new engine is for that purpose. :D
Last edited by decadence on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seasons end.

What im saying is that i would rather quit now than finding out theres a reset later on and being even more annoyed.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

The best solution to this problem is to have the option to choose whether each player wants to start fresh in another universe after set period of months. If they decide to move to another universe, then they would start out with 1 planet all over again. For the players not wanting a reset, they can stay in the universe that they are in currently, and become the king of the universe, albeit would be lonely one at that, or not... ;)

1.Everyone, do not use offensive language or I will simply start banning. LAST WARNING.
2.The method players will decide will not be by speech (obviously). It will be in-game and by power. I cannot give you more details.
3.As for new universes, it is within our plans to do this in the future. Not yet though. It is still pretty early to talk about anything about game end.

Also, keep in mind that a game server needs cash to run (which are spent in various ways). As long as interest in a server is high and as long as the server can financially sustain itself, there will be no need to end anything.

Finally remember that my role in this game is named as Community support and comes alongside with whatever this mean.