Re: A discussion of missiles, economics, and good neighbors:

Slash wrote:Funny thing is- I've never seen a profitable war. All it does is provide fodder for the alliance lemmings and a few occasional laughs in the forums. Other than that, an alliance bent on war usually loses ranks faster than the one they declare on, regardless of how powerful the bigger alliance is.

The problem is one of focus. Rather than making hits that make sense and building tools to become stronger, people tend to build whatever is popular at the time. In Coolhand's case, a bunch of alliance lemmings scrambled and over-built and over-utilized IPMs. Resources that could have been used to put a real hurt on someone else.

But, meh. People with the kill for a kills sake mentality are having fun. Not growing for crap. But having fun.
only you slash could agree and disagree with me at the same time Slash.. lol :)

and Radio i think its you that will have to change your tune, im the one saying you dont always go for profit when fighting, all our bases will cost quite a bit to take on, no soft targets here.. lol ;)

Slash wrote:
SirDuction wrote:i think you are missing the point here, i wouldnt be in the higher ranks if i didnt love profit and fun..
..and if you didn't have a good starting supply of rubies... ;)
Let's not start on the rubies subject Slash. ;) You know people get a bit touchy when that subject is raised. :?

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Slash wrote:
SirDuction wrote:i think you are missing the point here, i wouldnt be in the higher ranks if i didnt love profit and fun..
..and if you didn't have a good starting supply of rubies... ;)

getting tired of lower ranked guys blaming they're lack of success on this game on not buying rubies, FYI i havent bought a single Rubie yet!!

i like to make sure im well in the top ranks before i start donating cash, stops all the winging from the lower ranks about having an advantage.. ;)

Lord_of_War wrote:Ok radio whats that suppose to mean?
You have to be efficient when you're looking up at people--that's how you catch up and pass them, you see. When you're at the top, you can waste a few ships and resources here and there to prove a point if you really wanted to.

SirDuction, I don't need to change a thing. I'm going to stick to my plans, and the worst anybody can do is delay them for a couple days.

Besides, if you fleet save, you won't need defenses.