Re: Last One to Post Wins

supercow wrote: No, i meant the sentence below the line, i knew i won!!!!!
Ah, fair enough :)

Though, I THINK you needed to add "have" after "I" in the sentence in question. "I have won" not "I won." I'm not 100% on that, however. It just doesn't seem right to me...You can't say "I eaten," so I don't think you can say "I won." You could say "I win," just like you can say "I eat."
supercow wrote:I know!!! :D
I enjoy arguing back and forth.
Me too. :) High-five! :P

Urweirdsaysi wrote:

Though, I THINK you needed to add "have" after "I" in the sentence in question. "I have won" not "I won." I'm not 100% on that, however. It just doesn't seem right to me...You can't say "I eaten," so I don't think you can say "I won." You could say "I win," just like you can say "I eat."
Actually, the term "I won" is correct. In the instance you provided, the speaker would change the words to "I ate".

Do not challenge the grammar Nazi.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

You are right. YES I didnt do anything wrong this time!

==================================================================================================================
I gave you a high-five right back!
You thought you had a easy path to victory, before i stepped in the path!

Istalris wrote:
Urweirdsaysi wrote:

Actually, the term "I won" is correct. In the instance you provided, the speaker would change the words to "I ate".

Do not challenge the grammar Nazi.

-Istalris-
Hm...Good point.

Ok, I'll give it to you, supercow. Congratulations! *Throws confetti*
supercow wrote:You are right. YES I didnt do anything wrong this time!

==================================================================================================================
I'm sure if I were an English major I could find SOMETHING to nit-pick. But, alas, I'm not. :)

supercow wrote:You are right. YES I didnt do anything wrong this time!

No apostrophe in "didnt". :lol:

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Urweirdsaysi wrote:And no comma after "yes." Its an interjection (Right? I get the terminology mixed up occasionally :() so joo gotta put ur coma.

At least you don;t use 1337 speak. I'd have to cry.
In this case it seems more of an exclamation. So there should be an exclamation mark after the "YES" and the "I" would be the start of a new sentence.

-Istalris-