Re: Battle Simulator

Yeah, plus the fact that it doesn't matter if they have a Battle Sim if the combat engine is still bugged. You're better off using the ones for other games until they fix the engine, really.

The other simulators give a decent outcome in terms of winning/losing the battle. You just can't pay attention to the losses of the attacker/defender because those are WAY off.

If you're good with scripts, you could probably find the source code for another battle simulator and just edit the values for the ships to match Zorg. I would do it, but I fail at scripts. :(

As stated many times before:
We are not going to start a new server before fixing everything.

As for profit, it is true that it matters but we have not shown disrespect to anyone and we have not put profit above all. Our constant work and our fair paying system, prove this.

Battle Simulator is under programming. We wish we could finish it up today, but we can't. We never gave a deadline either. The only deadline heard had to do with a specific working group and should have never come into public, as it messed some things up and misguided much of the community.

As for battle engine, it is not as buggy as it is claimed. It is favorable to the defender and it has high reflection values which makes it problematic. These are the issues we are working at, alongside with the transport issue. It is one thing to create something from scratch and fix it while first testing it and another to fix something while it is running with some thousand of people already using it.

During the past time, we have upgraded the server, the server software and optimized the game speed. The results are very obvious:
-The server speed increased (We have seen 200 people online with 0 lag).
-There has been 0 seconds downtime.
-There have been 0 maintenances.

We also fixed some bugs that the playerbase was not aware with the most notorious example a bug that wiped 2 accounts completely in recent times (during server crashes).

The development team is constantly working, but its work is not always visible. Rest assured that the game is not closing down and will remain here for the years to come; feel free to tell your friends to come and enjoy it with safety. This server will not be neglected either and will be only closed down if total active players reach a very low number.

EDIT: Typos

Zorg wrote:
As for battle engine, it is not as buggy as it sounds.
Ill disagree on this one. The results are completely random, add reflection to the mix and no RF makes it extremely buggy. I know you guys are working hard and alot of things have improved but you cant play down how bad the combat engine is. Just take a look at peoples fleet compositions and its clear. 80-90% of all fleets are made up of BS, DD and Recs. A few RIPs for fleetsaving and moon popping only. We cannot use other fleet because the combat engine makes it unprofitable to use them. This really takes away from the gameplay because instead of being forced to calculate the best fleet compositions to take on an enemy fleet, its just about the numbers and who has the most. RF makes the battle more challenging and winning battles becomes more technical as you need to know what has RF over the defending fleet.

The Dev team are doing a great job but I and others Im sure, think that the combat issue is the most important fix needed. Until this is fixed, you wont get experienced players from other games but you will keep losing them.

I agree with Squirrel's assessment (obviously). The experienced gamers in other communities have already heard about the limited number of viable ships and have no interest migrating to ZE. These people spend money and would jump ship from their current games if this one were to be reported as "fixed". The ZE community would still have it's highest ranked player and you wouldn't have lost nearly as many as you have. I continually see valued members of the community contemplating leaving as well.

Zorg, your response is expected but it does lead me to ask one simple question: Do you ever play this game with any frequency at all?

Urweirdsaysi wrote: If you're good with scripts, you could probably find the source code for another battle simulator and just edit the values for the ships to match Zorg. I would do it, but I fail at scripts. :(
I hatw to quote myself, but it turns out you CAN get a hold of the code for other combat sims (Pretty easily, too.) and can just edit the values to reflect Zorg (Mostly just a couple RF values and structure points). I managed to do it (And I fail at scripts...) I just haven't had a chance to see how accurate (If at all) it is.

Just one question (Although, I'm skeptical that you'll answer it): Is the Combat engine for Zorg the same as the similar games or did you change how it works?

Thanks a heap if you do answer it. If not, its understandable :)