Re: Making it harder for fleeters!

i think there should be a missile that can only be activated if your hit with more than 20 ipmsit can then be fired at the person who ipms your defences it should be so powerful it destroys all defence on that planet this would stop guys ipming your defences just a thought but remember the big players in this game have worked hard to get where they are so there intitled to mess with smaller fishes but it hurts when they do thats why so many go inactive
when i bite i bite hard dont mess with the fish

cardsharksam wrote:i think there should be a missile that can only be activated if your hit with more than 20 ipmsit can then be fired at the person who ipms your defences it should be so powerful it destroys all defence on that planet this would stop guys ipming your defences just a thought but remember the big players in this game have worked hard to get where they are so there intitled to mess with smaller fishes but it hurts when they do thats why so many go inactive
lol good idea EXCEPT for the fact that most of the ones that put up a colony to take out defenses only build what they need to get the Missle Silo up and running with a good rate of rebuild for the ipm's... there is no need for defenses on a mobile colony ;)
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!

You gutta face it man ,mmo's will always be OP and unbalanced,the ones who spend the most time playing them will always have the advantage.Than there is the skill that will help you out once you are around the same level as your opponent or to help you climb the ladder faster.Just play mmo's or don't...but dont complain about OP or unbalance cause no one can do nada about it.
http://aoalliance.page.tl/Home.htm

Witchywoman wrote:
cardsharksam wrote:i think there should be a missile that can only be activated if your hit with more than 20 ipmsit can then be fired at the person who ipms your defences it should be so powerful it destroys all defence on that planet this would stop guys ipming your defences just a thought but remember the big players in this game have worked hard to get where they are so there intitled to mess with smaller fishes but it hurts when they do thats why so many go inactive
lol good idea EXCEPT for the fact that most of the ones that put up a colony to take out defenses only build what they need to get the Missle Silo up and running with a good rate of rebuild for the ipm's... there is no need for defenses on a mobile colony ;)
Rukai wrote:You gutta face it man ,mmo's will always be OP,the ones who spend the most time playing them will always have the advantage.Than there is the skill that will help you out once you are around the same level as your opponent or to help you climb the ladder faster.Just play mmo's or don't...but dont complain about OP cause no one can do nada about it.
Seems this to be a hot topic as it had a lot of hits and replies to it :o ..
I think a lot of players have looked at this topic but arn't
game to post as they might be attacked for what they say?.. Well maybe :?

What Witchywoman has posted is my point!..
They only put Colony Planets there for one reason to take down def to raid.. My point is those Colony Planets should be
able to be destroyed!!....

As some has mentioned they made the main planet a Colony Planet, Well I'd have to say if it's built like a main planet, it
should be treated like one.. As fleeters only waist min resources to achieve there goal!.. And if it's to high for them then
it's not worth it LoL... And Colony planets should be able to be destroyed ;) ...

And for new Payers well there green to me so I can't att them LoL..Hmm :? I did loose a lot of points.. Only joking :lol:

Cheers All...

Bellig.....
It's ALLWAYS better to try than not tried at ALL!....;).. :)

Until new members reach the 10k limit. Which isn't big enough to stop someone from just saying "No" and destroying all their planets.

Would you rather lose a fleet or all your planets that you spent MONTHS and billions of resources developing, ALONG with your fleet and defense present on those planets?

You're think of it as "I'll get to destroy planets!" and not "I'll get to have my planets destroyed!" Its a double-edged sword and either way, turtles lose.

They only put Colony Planets there for one reason to take down def to raid.. My point is those Colony Planets should be
I don't think that zorg will help you out by doing things that work for your tactic.You gutta play by their rules,the rules that fleeters have evolved and made them go top ranked.I guess...
Most top players say that Turtle always loose so I think you gutta learn to be like them.
http://aoalliance.page.tl/Home.htm

Rukai wrote:
I don't think that zorg will help you out by doing things that work for your tactic.You gutta play by their rules,the rules that fleeters have evolved and made them go top ranked.I guess...
Most top players say that Turtle always loose so I think you gutta learn to be like them.
Your most likely right Rukai, If the game was made by fleeters and run by fleeters then most likely run there way!...
But this is a game forum that zorg put out for ppl to post topics and give there views.. Good or Bad no matter, but
I'm supprised on the amount of lookers that check this topic out, So it's a point of interest slowing fleeters down!..

Cheers..

Bellig...
It's ALLWAYS better to try than not tried at ALL!....;).. :)

I don't necessarily know that the Zorg Empire was designed by "Fleeters". However, I know that by providing a 60% return on Debris from total ship damage, the game makes itself very Fleeter friendly.

I think there is good reason for that. If everyone is simply mining and Turtling and hitting inactives, the pace of the game is slowed down and the need for communication is drastically decreased. With Fleeters out there, like sharks in the water, when you see "the Fin" or a dangerous player's colony you take notice. This increases the dramatic tension of game play and forces smart players to work together to stay out of danger. Still, just as it is a swimmer's responsibility to get out of the water when a shark is nearby, it is each player's responsibility to manage their fleet to avoid danger in the way of a powerful fleet.

Of course, no single style by itself is effective. Even the best fleeters need to build infrastructure. The most effective turtles need to fleet save and raid and attack smaller fleets to build their empire. The best traders will need to build fleet to move and protect their resources and a defensive shell to protect the resources that accumulate when they are offline.

I think the game is just fine as it is. There are plenty of players that many have not heard about. They may keep a lower profile, but are very good players. Until the AZG - Dacia war, many had probably not heard of Plainstrider. Yet he quietly built up a nice fleet and good infrastructure. Another is Eos from The Fraternity. He keeps his fleet well hidden and does not post his hits, but he has built a sizable fleet and on the rare occasion his fleet touches down for a few hours, a very good score.

I think because the most publicized players are the ones who post their hits and the ones who suffer the consequences, there is a tendency to judge game balance from those players. There is a silent majority of players somewhere in between that most do not see or hear about it.

I don't think there is any need to change the game balance around and change everyone's game strategy to satisfy the few.

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

Being able to destroy colonies doesn't slow down the fleeters, it slows down any and everyone that wants to build up... MY POINT is that if this were an ability then guess what... you my friend would have nothing but a homeplanet, your suggestion that colonies being able to be destroyed is a very good way for the lower ranking players to NEVER be able to grow and become higher ranked players. The resource amounts to build only one planet up to make it to a higher ranking in itself is astronomical. Mobile planets are a part of the game, get used to it and quit relying on your defenses to protect you, because as some of the fleeters have already proven..... mobile planet or not, if they want what is behind your defenses they will find a way to take it.
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!

Rukai wrote:
Actually Rukai, if a turtle plays correctly their survivability massively outstretches a fleeters. In my opinion, if anything, it is the fleeters who are at a disadvantage in this game.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...