Re: Debris fields to be added to raid scores

athight wrote:debris collected is represented by the attacker scoreboard usually.

fleeters get recognition based on damage, raiders get recognition based on resources scavenged.
This is the whole point of Sprogs post.. the game has become..all about RAIDING not fleeting not building up your Empire to become a top Emperor..

The game was designed for players to combat each other...not to see who has the most fleet slots, the quickest Elite Cargo's and can spend the most time sending out raid ships.

What I think Sprog was hoping for is that if the DF was included in the raid table as well as just raiding it may encourage players to build attack fleets as well..

Your first statement is some what mute... all the attack table shows is damage...not what the player collected in DF which is also a valid point and should be added...

I agree that DF collected should be part of the Score Board, whether in a separate list or included in resources raided, but preferably separate, because then you could compare damage caused vs df collected and tell if it was an actual fleet crash or just a defense bash.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the Spiffiest of them all?

Do Science Responsibly: Don't Do Science and Drive

"While it's good to learn from experience, it is better to learn from other people's experience" - Warren Buffett

Right but there is still damage. My point was right now a fleet cra sh and a d bash look the same on the SB. If df is a separate category then you have a way to tell the difference by looking at the SB
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the Spiffiest of them all?

Do Science Responsibly: Don't Do Science and Drive

"While it's good to learn from experience, it is better to learn from other people's experience" - Warren Buffett

Again, I must sound a note of dissension.

I disagree with the notion. When I snatch a debris field from a moon, I do so primarily with hopes that others might actually have to devote time and attention to some real sleuth work to determine who took it.

I would not want it on the scoreboard at all, either on its own or complementing a raid total.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.

Nuada wrote:Again, I must sound a note of dissension.

I disagree with the notion. When I snatch a debris field from a moon, I do so primarily with hopes that others might actually have to devote time and attention to some real sleuth work to determine who took it.

I would not want it on the scoreboard at all, either on its own or complementing a raid total.
Damn moochers lol ..... unless it is a huge d/f I doubt anyone would be able to tell if it was raided, a fleet crash or a mooched d/f.... :D

+1 for the idea...
But I have a question for you, Sprog:
- Who's gonna get the "DF" added to raiding? The attacker(s) or the harvester(s), cauze we all know, that the attacker and the harvester can be different players.

Currently, you can get:
- in top attackers by being hit (not ninja, simply killing fodders);
- in top attackers with d/bash;

But, if you're playing as fleet hunter, you get only, if you're lucky, an attacking ribbon/ medal...
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
- Marcus Tullius Cicero