Discovery of an upgrade..

Energy Technology
As various researches were advancing, it was discovered that the current technology of energy distribution was not sufficient enough to begin certain specialized researches. With each upgrade of your Energy Technology, new researches can be conducted which unlocks development of more sophisticated ships and defenses.

The above is taken from the game it self....no where in energy Tech does it say that it continues to increase energy output with each level of up grade..it mentions ships and defenses but not energy output its self..

so I did a test

output from a slot 14 planet
on energy tech lvl 20..

energy output and deut consumption Fusion reactor lvl 19
158.206 (137.252) 38.302 -5.812 -807

now with level 21 energy tech

energy output and deut consumption Fusion reactor lvl 19
184.066 (161.009) 45.670 -5.812 -807

So conclusion for each level of Energy Tech upgrade it increases energy production for the same cost of deut on a fusion reactor by 16.4%... now that does make the Fusion reactor far more productive.. I still would not use it compared to using solars and solar Plant.. seeing as the tech level it self is very expensive on deut and crystal..let alone the output to deut consumption..

This up grade only seems to effect Fusion reactors and does not increase energy output for solar stats or Solar plants...Though in my opinion it should have been across the whole of any energy producing appliance..

Hope this helps someone..

Re: Discovery of an upgrade..

I believe this is the sole reason.

Here is the spec for fusion reactor. Collected from game.

In fusion power plants, hydrogen nuclei are fused into helium nuclei under enormous temperature and pressure, releasing tremendous amounts of energy. For each gram of Deuterium consumed, up to 41,32*10^-13 Joule of energy can be produced; with 1 g you are able to produce 172 MWh energy.
Larger reactor complexes use more deuterium and can produce more energy per hour. The energy effect could be increased by researching energy technology. The energy production of the fusion plant is calculated like that:
30 * [Level Fusion Plant] * (1,05 + [Level Energy Technology] * 0,01) ^ [Level Fusion Plant]

As you can see the basic energy production constraint for fusion reactor takes energy technology level into consideration.

Where as if you look into solar technology or planet or solar satelite they are physically same installation only difference is their locations, that is stationed on planet or orbit.

if you look at their production they produce at a specific rate factoring the production unit into consideration only not energy tech. the reason being solar technology do not depend on energy tech as it does with fusion technology.

I believe what you are suggesting would require a totally different production equation for both solar satelites and solar plants. that is a major change in game. it wd take alot of game thinking.

Yes after a certain level solar plants stops to produce enough for its cost. that is why you have solar satelites.

but if you ask me or thorr (he is the mining pioneer) along with weresloth or others who do mining very well, they would say none of us rely on solar satelites and very little on solar plants. as off now our planets are self sufficient for building mines as high as we want to go for.

Get energy tech 23 + fusion reactor 18 and get your deuterium synthesizers above level 30. you will have very profitable deuterium production.

and mind you that setup for energy production along with solar plant 33 gives you freedom of building mines as high as MM39 CM36 DS36.

any farther you just have to wait and build them higher. there is a reason for this game to be played at server speed 4.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

I agree that the tech should increase across the board, I think the easiest way to implement would be to apply it in the same fashion as the Ruby option to increase energy production... just a flat % boost to energy.

If the tech is going to be named energy tech that tells me that it's the whole package, the production and distribution of energy which should affect all forms of energy production.

That is quite nice but i hate to tell you mate, it was discovered long ago. i was told about it by Shadowdrogon99 (BlackBart) many months ago. He also mentioned that it has different effects on different servers.
I'll hit you so smurfin' hard it'll feel like you smurfed a freight train