Re: I am a Muslim

On the note of religion: it isn't even debatable. The literal definition in having faith in something is believing it without knowing all the details ahead of time. Hence why it's called "faith".
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

True Ace, i'm a muslim. And i have faith in it! Ready to die at any moment, this boundry give me a freedom that i like it.
fearless~
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” -Rumi

Lightning wrote:
Richard98 wrote:True, its just a stereotype...like blonds are stupid, asians are smart, black people rob people, etc....
Or like being Irish makes me short-!...

*Looks down at self*

Oh wait. ;)
i thought being irish makes u look green lol.

about concerning what my intention was in posting this thread was to raise a bit of open mindness for each others custom and traits between different races.

I know a large number of my friends in here do not share the same religious insight that i call faith, that does not stop us from mingling with each other right?

all i am saying is when someone presents themselves the way they do its their freedom of expressing themselves the way they want to, where in muslims case it is also a duty.

to explain the difference let me give you an example. when you drive a car you always follow the traffic signals. its your duty to follow but you can always choose not to. (it is other fact that u will be prosecuted if caught) but i am pretty sure 99% of the drivers does it willingly.

when someone says duty never second guess that they are forced to do it. like oppressed. you can not say you are oppressed to stop at red lights in a traffic signal. you know that is how the system works.

for a muslim brother or sister wearing beard (for men) and wearing appearing fully clothed is a duty and a privileged and right. just seeing one walking by to say that they are oppressed by the religion is just not right thinking. also going the length of rediculing them is just like going across the signal when there was red lights.

Respecting others can be our moral duty too. we can respect willingly or we can do it as per our duty. cause it is for the greater good of the society.

about drinks .... have a glass of juice right off the freshly pulped mangoes :D
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Errr, we dun know haveing beard as a duty here(in iran) , and i dun give a damn if anyone respect me or not...
I'm doing the right thing and i believe it, thats good enough for me. Even if all people in the world(all of them!) tell me i'm wrong, i'll still go my own way...
fearless~
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” -Rumi

EDITED: 1 Warning - Flaming.

~Lightning
If knowledge is power.... How come my power company can't answer my physics exam questions when I call???

Ra-Sec wrote: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and yours".
That always sounded wrong to me. It would give masochists a good reason to torture people. It will also justify "the weak follows the strong" and similar beliefs.

I always thought "Do not do unto others what you don't want others do unto you" was a lot better.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

neoshagrath wrote:
Ra-Sec wrote: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and yours".
That always sounded wrong to me. It would give masochists a good reason to torture people. It will also justify "the weak follows the strong" and similar beliefs.

I always thought "Do not do unto others what you don't want others do unto you" was a lot better.
Excellent point there. +1 Awesome Point for Neo.

10 Gale Points FTW

Ra-Sec wrote:Religion itself is the biggest evil in the world IMHO. More wars and death and tortures have happened over people's "beliefs" more than any other reason in the world. People trust morons who pose as religious leaders who "think" they know more than anyone else, but who are really just power hungery and make people follow "their beliefs" instead of the real truth. I believe there should be no religions and more "HUMAN MORALS". There are basic human fundamentals that are known by everyone, but to sum it up there is only 1 rule people should follow, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and yours". Everything else is trivial and meaningless, especially to those who have their own beliefs. Religions cause hate, stereotypes, war, tortures (physical and emotional), and deaths.

You have a religion, fine, don't press/pressure it on anyone else and keep it to yourself. If I had my way I'd wipe-out all "publicly announced" religions. Less religions means less wars and death IMHO. Putting someone down because they are different (in any way or because of beliefs) makes me so angry.... you don't wanna know. When the world comes to a "near end" religion is gonna take a back seat and SURVIVAL will take over.
This entire thread was made to help better understand another's beliefs so we, as human beings, could get along with or maybe even share joy with those whom follow that religion.

Your attempted flaming here did absolutely nothing to help further the goal of peace within religious differences. If anything, it was an attempt to drive them further apart by offending them. There was no yelling at each other being done here, no attempting to push others to covert, only peaceful conversation and understanding of our fellow Zorg-ians.

I only hope that others in this thread choose to ignore you, knowing that we all do not share this your extremist beliefs. While some of what you say I do agree with, like "we should hold Morales close" and "Don't push your religion on others", you went the completely wrong way with trying to enlighten others with your view on this.

10 Gale Points FTW

The discussion is starting to take a different turn that what the original poster meant it to be. In order to prevent the spark from flaming, I'm ending it early on. If you wish to continue it, you may do so privately via PM.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]