Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: How do I set up a lunar base

A moon is created after an attack. It would be quite visible in the combat report, your Overview screen, the drop down menu for your planets/colonies and the Galaxy map of your system. There is no mistaking whether you have a moon or not.

A lunar base can only be built on a moon. The primary use of a moon is to hide your fleet deployments and to provide a sensor phalanx to spy on other player's activities. In other games I have seen people make the mistake of using valuable moon fields to build defenses.

Building on a moon is very time consuming and expensive, but they are probably one of the greatest assets a player can own.

Re: How do I set up a lunar base

Slash wrote:A moon is created after an attack. It would be quite visible in the combat report, your Overview screen, the drop down menu for your planets/colonies and the Galaxy map of your system. There is no mistaking whether you have a moon or not.

A lunar base can only be built on a moon. The primary use of a moon is to hide your fleet deployments and to provide a sensor phalanx to spy on other player's activities. In other games I have seen people make the mistake of using valuable moon fields to build defenses.

Building on a moon is very time consuming and expensive, but they are probably one of the greatest assets a player can own.
Thank you slash for explaining that. i was about to ask the same question