Re: Probes on attack fix

Thank you, Istalris. You have been speaking my mind here.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.

Thought the majority had agreed already on this...... reduce the cargo capacity AND fuel cost of probes to 0 as Istalris has already suggested.....that way still can be used as fodder and for moonshots :D

Yes, i agree with the Ista proposal. Because the probes are used for more than alone probe-raiding and spying.
Look at it this way, even a measly stone can be used as a attack weapon, so it's absurd not to be able to attack with a probe.
Just make it impossible to raid with them and we'll be ok :)
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

Istalris wrote:Just something for you guys to think about, everyone knows by now ZE isn't the first game of it's kind and probe raiding has been used on and off for 13 years in this kind of game.

Have the others felt the need to reduce the probes to nothing more than glorified sats? No, because it's the not the end of the friggin world, building enough probes to actually make it a decent raiding fleet takes too much effort, and they are too susceptible to suicide attacks. Honestly, the game would be fine and continue to be fine if you just left the probes unchanged, but if you really feel you must, do it carefully.
Honestly, I feel I must disagree. I think this is a great step forward in the development of the game. I dunno about anybody else, although I'm sure I'm not the first , but I can clean out an inactive's planet pretty quick with a few thousand probes. And those whom have resources than I do at their disposal could probably have enough probes to empty a planet with no defenses of millions of resources, leaving way less for new players. The reason I find this to be so devastating is because of a probe's speed.

It's not THAT big of a deal, of course. But I for one think it's an improvement, and not just another change.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Ace wrote:
Istalris wrote:Just something for you guys to think about, everyone knows by now ZE isn't the first game of it's kind and probe raiding has been used on and off for 13 years in this kind of game.

Have the others felt the need to reduce the probes to nothing more than glorified sats? No, because it's the not the end of the friggin world, building enough probes to actually make it a decent raiding fleet takes too much effort, and they are too susceptible to suicide attacks. Honestly, the game would be fine and continue to be fine if you just left the probes unchanged, but if you really feel you must, do it carefully.
Honestly, I feel I must disagree. I think this is a great step forward in the development of the game. I dunno about anybody else, although I'm sure I'm not the first , but I can clean out an inactive's planet pretty quick with a few thousand probes. And those whom have resources than I do at their disposal could probably have enough probes to empty a planet with no defenses of millions of resources, leaving way less for new players. The reason I find this to be so devastating is because of a probe's speed.

It's not THAT big of a deal, of course. But I for one think it's an improvement, and not just another change.
Why is that a problem though? If probe raiding inactives was the best thing you can do everyone would be doing it. But it isn't and only a select few individuals actually care to try.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Sprog wrote:Thought the majority had agreed already on this...... reduce the cargo capacity AND fuel cost of probes to 0 as Istalris has already suggested.....that way still can be used as fodder and for moonshots :D
this is a better agreement for me.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Zorg wrote:Following your suggestion, although a bit premature, I started this topic.

There can be two types of "fixes":
1)Probes cannot be included in attacks at all (only in defence like solar plants).

or

2)Probes cannot attack alone.

As for the other solution proposed:
There is no cargo issue to fix. The probes need the cargo in order to carry their fuel.

Solution #2 only addresses the raiding tactic.
Solution #1 will change combats a bit (beneficially I believe).

The fix will be implemented in Massacre as soon as the implementation era starts (starting soon it seems). It will be delayed in the rest universes till it can get some support (this thread will work as such too).

as I asked before this starts off mid thread , why is it being done where are the anticedents for the discussion ... can someone explain why its considered a problem and not a valid part of the game... I go to alot of trouble to clear inactives (ipm) in my spheres of influence why am i to be denied this valid method of quick farming them....
Just S N A R L & LEAP

"to crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet -- to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their women. That is best." G.K.

being a big shot u can afford a fleet of 200.000 probes.
hence its easy for u to carry out the raiding with those fleets.

put yourself in the shoe of a starter player. who only has Large Cargo ships and Battle Cruisers. How do you think they will servive on when u clean of planets with probes inactive planets?

You are not thinking for others but only for your selfish need.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

SPY wrote:being a big shot u can afford a fleet of 200.000 probes.
hence its easy for u to carry out the raiding with those fleets.

put yourself in the shoe of a starter player. who only has Large Cargo ships and Battle Cruisers. How do you think they will servive on when u clean of planets with probes inactive planets?

You are not thinking for others but only for your selfish need.
Spot on there SPY...... :D