Re: Forum Games: Solve the riddle

Fun fact about this riddle... there will never be 4 of any number consecutively. In other words, every row only adds additional 1's, 2's, and 3's. The 4 and 5 in this are there because of Istal's chosen starting number. Also, the last digit is always the same.

And Ace, I like the colors. You're just mad I got the answer before you :P
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

Karroth is correct! Well done.

Next Riddle;

You awake inside a small transparent capsule sitting on the surface of Venus. From a small speaker you hear a voice that says, "We will leave you here either for a day or a year. If you choose to stay a day, we will give you $1 million. If you choose to stay a year, we will give you $2 million. Either way, you will have sufficient food and water. We will make sure the temperature is a constant 70 degrees Fahrenheit. We will also supply cable TV."

Which choice would be the better decision and why?
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Staying one day for $1 million. You can come back to earth, invest in something else for the other 364 days and make more money off of compound interest than staying 1 year $2 million dollars.

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Ok, I just did the math. Only make about 200K in compound interest.

How big is the capsule? Not that it matters, really. But I do like comfort, which time period are we talking about?

After getting clarification, the answer is simple.

I would stay for 1 venus year (the time required to revolve around the sun) which equals about 225 earth days. staying for 1 venus day (the time require for venus to make one revolution on it's axis) actual equals about 243 earth days.

They years are shorter than the days on venus.

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War