Re: Forum Games: Solve the riddle

Correct again Ace, I see your plan, solve them while everyone else is sleeping. ;)

Since Ace was kind enough not to give an explanation, here is how it's worked out for those interested in cryptography.

The model I used is called Caesar Box Cipher (named after it's first user, Julius Caesar), it works by using square numbers. Any message where the total characters equal a square number, in this case 16, can be encoded with the Caesar Box. Let's work in reverse to decode this message. First, you take the total number of letters and divide it into groups, each group containing the square root of the total number of letters. So in this case, 4.

T A S A H K N L E E O I C I T E

Becomes;

T A S A | H K N L | E E O I | C I T E

Still doesn't make much sense at all right? Now we arrange those groups into a perfect box shape, hence why only square numbers will work. Then, you read the message in columns rather than rows, starting from the top left corner.

T A S A
H K N L
E E O I
C I T E

Clever, isn't it? ;)
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Re: Forum Games: Solve the riddle

Ace wrote:It had every number from 1-9 in it when written in numerical form?
Close enough, it was the first time in history you could arrange single digit integers in ascending order to write the date and time accurately. 12:34, 5/6/78.

New riddle will be posted soonish.
Weresloth wrote:HOES LIKE AN ICE TEA.
>.>

So I dug through the thread for a bit and added up all the points scored, EVAR! This is the current score table, i'll update it every 5 or so riddles since it's a tad long. Ignore most of the rules on the first page now, you can guess as many times as you like.

Score Board

Neoshagrath: 10
Witchywoman: 6
Sadbutrue: 5
Cypher: 5
KarrothMelu: 4
Spy: 3
Ace: 3
Nemesis: 2
Raineyday5: 2
Spankie: 2
Corbeil: 2
Pupairo12: 2
Kick: 2
Joshanddrew: 2
Weresloth: 2
Thatguyeric: 1
Snips: 1
Scoobysnack: 1
Malebolgia: 1
Andrew: 1
Maul64: 1
Sizzle: 1
Dxvxb: 1
DuctTape: 1
Zorg: 1
Russell: 1
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...