Re: Debate: A universe for Newcomers or Experienced players

I have trained new players for years and people don't learn easily. Guides only help so much. Many players have to grabbed by the throat, slapped around and told in harsh terms what they have to do to survive. I've seen perma-farms whipped into shape. If Zorg really wants to get make this work, go full throttle with a training uni.

I mentioned somewhere something about a mentor / recruitment aspect. Let me elaborate on that.

It would be easy to incorporate veterans. They simply join and do there thing. However there needs to be a control.

Veterans should be there to do one of two things.
1. Builder Bob, pay to grow.
2. Teach with the benefit of recruiting players into their primary server alliances.

Game operators should have the expressed right to make sure the spirit of the rule is not broken. Builder Bob cannot suddenly become a fleeter because he has no skilled hunters to crash his fleet. The trainers can't launch wars against players they have a problem with in other servers. You can't outlaw weapons plants, because people need to learn to use them, but you have to limit warefare. How hard would it be to code the server so you could only attack inactives?
Outside the box? What box?

Based on the discussion here, we have decided not to launch a universe in the nearby future. Instead, we have increased the advertising budget and we are planning changes to our ad campaigns. We will also focus a bit more in this department in the following weeks in order to maximize performance for more newcomers.

Meanwhile, the discussion regarding the characteristics of a new universe remain open and are of great interest for us.

Zorg wrote:Based on the discussion here, we have decided not to launch a universe in the nearby future. Instead, we have increased the advertising budget and we are planning changes to our ad campaigns. We will also focus a bit more in this department in the following weeks in order to maximize performance for more newcomers.

Meanwhile, the discussion regarding the characteristics of a new universe remain open and are of great interest for us.
wow... ok thats a very good news mate!! cheers!!!

thanks for understanding :) well yeah there is always a better way to pull in players :) a little advertising here and there :)

looking forward to meet all the new players soon :)
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Lightning wrote:More for advertisements? Sounds great to me. Thought of expanding heavily to Youtube?

We have tried making some videos but I do not think we are very competitive into this. I have seen some "fan" videos from players that are much better (I think I have seen one from you too).

Perhaps we could create short video tutorials, to aid newcomers. Still,as we are not native speakers, perhaps we would still not be the best option to do it and right now we would prefer to spend to ads than paying for a tutorial.

These points come down to the conclusion that, at least for the near future, we will not be able to expand there. Perhaps the playerbase could.

I think a new universe which is open to all is the best way to go.... HOWEVER....
I think prior to a new universe being available we should make advertisements directly related to that universe with sufficient time for word to spread across the internet... that way you are directly increasing playerbase for the new universe which will allow all players to start at the same level and increase competition ^^...
" You Build It.... I'll Recycle It...."