Re: Zorg Chronicles: Lightning

You'll find out.

CHAPTER TWO

Gale awakens suddenly covered in sweat. How she hates the dreams of the past…when she was timid and helpless. Being weak is being worthless. It’s been 6 years since that time. During that period she has learned how to defend herself, strategize attacks, protect the innocent, and punish those who would bring them harm. The late queen had passed on from a stroke just after Gale had turned eighteen, leaving her the throne of Pandemona and the entire armada. Some of her first decrees were – not to the people – but to the aristocrats and those on her council. She made laws to smoke out every disloyal rat there could be ever since the rebellion when she was a schoolgirl. It was an inside job, and somebody wanted her dead that obviously knew her bloodline before she even did. However, recent events have made her think back on those days more often than she would like.

Of late, her crew has found several planets on the outskirts of her galaxy totally decimated. All were devoid of life. Any sign that life once existed – a tree here, an animal there – would crumble to dust at contact of touch from anything. These planets were baron wastelands; the aftermath of death and destruction.

It was as if all the life force, the moister, and all the substance had sucked the planet dry like meat off of a bone.
Her scientists worked their hardest, but had gotten nowhere in their searches to find what was causing this and why it was spreading. Gale’s father, now the head of the royal guard, taps her shoulder to ease her frustration at the ship’s deck.

“Where is it coming from, Father…why can’t I figure this one out.”

“You will. In time. Patience, my cub, you mustn’t be so hard on your lab workers. They’re doing their best.”

“I know. But sitting here and not being able to do anything is pathetic,” and with her last words, her father gave her a short bow with his head, a comforting wink, and walked off the deck towards the bridge. She looked out the side glass windows of her ship at the stars with her elbows on the railing. The rest of her fleet travelled behind her flagship, and she glanced over at them with a decent sense of pride and acceptance to her father’s words. He was the only one these days that could get to her personally.

She kept trying to think of what could do such a thing to entire planets…

The intercom pops on and requests her presence on the brig urgently. She jogs down the hall and into her area of work.

“What is it?”

“M’lady, we’ve received word that a planet in the next sector is under attack.”

“Then I don’t see why we’re sitting around. Get there now; our research will have to wait.”

“Aye!” the pilot responds, and thrusts the ship forward toward the sector. As the planet comes into view, they notice something terribly wrong. An enormous black hole swirls uncontrollably nearby the planet’s atmosphere. It’s unlike anything they’ve ever seen before. It begins to hurl towards the planet and engulf it in a green, burning glow. As the gape on the bridge, Gale analyzes the situation for anything else she can see. A dark ship sits on the hole’s threshold that is way too close to not be sucked in.

“Hail that ship at 3 o’ clock, 40 degrees under. Inform them of our positions and ask them for a status report.”

“Aye, ma’am.”

A video screen pops up in the front of the bridge and a man stands close in front of its recording. He was dressed in almost a maniacal jester’s costume.

“Well hello there! So glad you came to join the party, your hiiiiiiiighness,” he chuckled, “I’d really hate to send my lovely pet over towards your fleet when I’m so close to being done. I’d be a FOOL if I didn’t finish my work, ahaha! I would be ever so grateful if you could patiently and diligently wait for me there. While you’re at it, enjoy the show! After all, who doesn’t like some good entertainment!” and the video shut off.

Gale immediately begins organizing squads and giving orders for formations, unshaken by the rather disturbing video message.

“General,” she speaks to her father, “get a regiment of your best men to board that ship and take that jester into custody, then return back to me for further instructions. I want him right here in front of me when they get back. Lieutenant,” now over to the pilot, “begin stealth procedures on this flagship and take us in close. We’re dropping them off.”

Her father led the contingency of soldiers to the boarding beams and they bring them in close the jester’s ship. Hatter, her father’s right-hand man, is leading and readies the infiltration team. After the successful drop into the ducts of the ship, the team begins to slowly search the hallways. There’s no sign of a crew, or anything else for that matter. When the regiment finally reaches the bridge, Hatter presses himself on one side of the doorway.

“They’re held up in here most likely. Aim ready, keep that joker alive,” he gives them one final whisper. They storm the bridge and surround the room.

“Some new toys to play with!” the jester stands in the center with the crew – all dead – around him on the floor. He turns the video screen back on and Hatter can see the entire bridge of Gale’s flagship watching. “It’s a shame really, to nearly get all your answers just before I’ve run out of time! I have a meeting to get to and must be off, but I do believe I have a bit to kill you all first ahahaha!,” he moves through all of them with incredible speed, slashing soldier after soldier with a bladed staff hidden in his scepter.

“Hatter, disregard my previous orders, destroy him!” he hears his queen’s command and obeys. As Hatter goes into the attack, it’s obvious that he too knows some secrets in the arts of combat. He’s as fast as the clown himself. They dodge each other for a very good amount of time before Hatter makes a slip on a turn and feels the blade from the enemy sink into his chest. Instinctively, he grabs the hand holding the sword and pulls it further into his body with a tight grip, places his side pistol to the side of his temple, and gets to see the terror in his face before he pulls the trigger and vaporizes his head. Gale clenches her fists and keeps her mouth shut with difficulty as her father yells out his name through the video.

The crew is silent and bow their heads down, removing their caps to their lost officer and his team. Unexpectedly, all the lights and system board in her ship begin to flicker and glitch until all of them turn completely off except the video screen. A new face comes on. As Gale weeps inside, her rage begins to boil.

“My bumbling brother has finally met his end. I’m actually thankful. I was growing tired of his incessant laughter. You, my queen, are a rare find out here. You’ve saved me a bit of time and planning. My name is Sinister, Mr. Sinister, and as you can see my family and I have great power. I, for one, love power. I must admit - I worship it. My brother’s knack for black holes impressed me for a while. But me, well, you’ll just have to come find out what I can do now won’t you.”

The man stood tall with long, silver hair. Though his face was handsome, a sense of pure evil emanated out of his dead eyes.

“Don’t speak to me as if I’m a chess piece ready to play your game, stranger! You’ve put yourself into the path of my disapproval. You will find that to be a great mistake,” she promised him.

“Until you find me and face me, my queen, I shall wreak terror on the people you supposedly ‘swear to protect’. I have a feeling my captains will keep you on your toes until then. They love to destroy nearly as much as I do,” he speaks with a conceited, yet calm tone. “Fairwell, little queen. I WILL see you in the flesh one day.”

She gritted her teeth and began a silent rage in her head. A flash of bright light appeared out of the port window; but it was no black hole. It’s deep blue in color and moves much faster – just like her dream. As the soldiers ponder what exactly it is, it swerves quickly to the ship. The screams of her crew are cut off from all communication and the ship sinks deep into the blue void, much farther than any ship would ever find them.

_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

Thank you very much. I worked all day on the second chapter and those journals. It was my day off :). And I told life to bite me...I did what I wanted to do lol.

[/color]

Noice! You have potential Gale!
Maybe you should put all this in a actual book?
I'm sure there would be thousands of fans, Zorg-players and outside Zorg as well,who would read it :)
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

I listened to this song to revise the second chapter. I followed it...music is pretty much my spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqzPeGnq ... ure=relmfu

0:00-1:26 The Jester's ship is breached, Hatter's team engages the enemy as the crew lie in wait as to what is happening. The crew in its entirety, save Hatter, have been killed.

1:27-1:45 The screen flicks on for the crew to see Hatter's last moments as he risks his life to kill the Jester. Being his best friend, Gale's father calls out to him.

1:46-2:04 The crew take off their caps and participate in a moment of silence for their fallen comrade.

2:05-2:24 Gale clenches her fists and tightens her jaw trying to hold back the anger she has for letting such a small team go in - blaming herself.

2:25-2:37 The screen flicks on to a different image. Gale's eyes flash toward it, and she's readies herself to unleash her fury on whatever pops up.

2:38-3:17 Sinister and Gale exchange words for the first time.

3:18-END Gale and her flagship are swept through the worm hole and drift in deep, cold, empty space. All alone and never to be found again.

And these videos are just to show character :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmR16uhe1Dg -this one is short and awesome to watch (like a trailer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkCNF1ZwHU -this one is longer and shows Lightning's entire character (which is exactly like me...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fv ... NX_AIwePW0 -this one is also short, hilarious compilation of me hitting people (contains strong language from song lyrics)

[/color]

/bump. Back in town = more writing. This one lacks pictures; I'm saving the pics for future chapters.

PS: I'm having a very talented video editor from the Tube of You (see what I did there?) make a sort of "cover video" for the story.

Gale and her crew wake at the same time. The ship is dark and only small emergency lights light up the pathways around the brig and the corners of the room. Sparks occasionally shoot out of shorted computer towers and the air is thin and cold. She grabs onto the side of her aching head and feels the dried blood that – at one point – had seeped through her hair; no doubt a hit from their fall. Nonetheless, she pays no attention to it but only the matter at hand.

“I need a status report.”

Her lieutenant pulls himself up on a nearby counter and glances over to his monitor at his usual seat. Gale sees the confused look on his face and gets up next to him. His computer indicates that an entire two years had passed. Their location: the far end of the galaxy.

“Your highness, I-…I don’t know what to do,” he looks to her for orders. She doesn’t know herself. Her eyes stare at the screen as the others in the brig get up and begin raving. A million thoughts race through her pounding head and, finally, the yells of the crew become too much for her.

“Stop!” they all fall silent and look to her. “Get to the logs and see what the ships system has accessed while we were out. I want to know what happened to us.”

They raced to their normal spots and some became frustrated with broken computers or screens. Only a few were even warm enough to turn on. At last, a woman shouted that she had accessed the ship’s log. Gale raced over and took a glance.

“M’lady it seems that as soon as the ship’s shields detected the anomaly in the atmosphere that it automatically went defensive to prevent itself from over-reacting.”

“What are you saying?”

“Well, our thrusters burnt down to ten percent of their normal speed. The energy in our ship is being stored, we’ve been running on backups this whole time. The temperature fell past cryogenic. Ma’am I believe the Anora saved our lives, thanks to your father’s programming.”

Gale turned to speak to her father and realized he was not among those gathered around the console screen. Her eyes shifted quickly back and forth and eventually she shoved her men out of the way. Towards a corner of the room, her father was rested against a wall, his eyes still shut. Many crew members rushed to him right away. All she could do was stare blankly. Every sound around her became mute in her ears. A few beatings on the chest, some shaking, and headshakes concluded that, in his old age, the two years of icy sleep were too much for him. As they took him out of the brig to another room, Gale continued to look at the corner. One member attempted to put his hand on her shoulder and she quickly shoved him away in anger, glaring into his eyes. He glanced downwards and retreated from his previous notions of comfort.

“Your highness?” she continued to look at him angrily as the female voice called at the monitor, “your highness!” She finally took her eyes over to her other crew member and her screen.

“I think you may want to see this,” on the view screen, the man who she had seen last before they were swallowed was there; in her throne room, on her throne.

“My subjects,” he spoke clearly, “though the efforts to find Queen Gale have been fruitless, I shall continue my search. And, until then I shall remain your faithful ruler. To commit treason to me and my council is to commit treason to Gale, herself. Those who promote or take part in these acts are punishable by death as I rule in her stead. This so called ‘iron-fist’ that I rule with may be gentle; as long as you retain your loyalty to me.”

A man beside him shouts, “All hail Emperor Sinister!” and the crowd responds with a repeat.

“Shut it off!” Gale commands. “Open a channel to the entire ship,” and her soldier does so. “This is Queen Gale Storm. My kingdom-...OUR kingdom has been overthrown by Sinister and my father has joined my late mother in slumber. We have been adrift for two years while he has taken complete control of everything we hold dear. So we will take it back! If need be, one system at a time! He wishes to bring the storm, than he has done so. Forget our formalities. No more ‘highness’ or ‘queen’. This monster wants a war and I gladly accept it. We will strike fast and hard and be gone in a flash,” she grasps her necklace, “From now on, refer to me as nothing more than Lightning. With this title I will bring honor back to our people and what we will fight to regain!”

With the salute of approval from her crew members, she sets course for the nearest system of inhabited planets. As they travel, the men and women remove everything that would identify the ship or crew as royal. Uniforms, flags, and badges were destroyed and replaced with civilian clothing; mostly the cargoes, leather boots and gloves, and plain shirts they wear during training sessions. A week into their journey, they present her with a gift: a sterling suit of silver armor. Hard as rock and light as air. Accompanied with this suit was a beautifully engraved gun-blade. She bowed in respect to those who presented it, and displayed it in her quarters – ready to wear when the time arose.

[/color]