Ability to name fleets

Everyone will love this one, I am sure.

We should be able to name fleets and keep them in separate hangars on each planet. It doesnt change attacks at all, just keeps them separated for players. If a player wants they could name a fleet (Raiding fleet for 1:1:1).
Or they could name it whatever they want for fun like (Fleet: Made In America).

It shouldnt be too hard to do so, I am definitely not a programmer, but i did a very small amount in school before. It should be some sort of recall code that recalls the name of the players fleet just like it remembers the planet name.

Is it possible? Yes. Will other players enjoy it? Possibly.

Let me know what you guys think of this one without simply telling me that nobody wants it or it will change the game and the "Elders" of the game wouldnt like it because they are already used to the game... Anyways, back on topic...

Let me know and show support by posting, if you dont like it then please simply state why and dont tear me down. I am just trying to bring life to the game.
fusion

If I weren't me, I would be you.

Re: Great Idea

Not wanting to put down what seems like a great idea, but is it over complicating things? I agree that it would be brilliant to name a fleet, imagine "HARBINGER of DOOM" fleet, lol. It would also make it easier to keep track of ships if you do separate them up. Also, instead of selecting x amounts of differing types of craft, perhaps launch "HARBINGER of DOOM", one selection, fleet sent! AS I said, on paper, excellent idea. I hope there would be a not too complicated way of implementing something like this.

it is a fun idea, but not too helpful imo. now, if you were to change it so that you can name preset fleets, that you can send out, that might be more helpful, especially for raiders. this would be similar to hitting the "espionage" button, except with a little more firepower

so for instance:

raider 1 --> send (1 elite cargo, 100 battlecruisers)
RL has been a b****. maybe for once I can stay around long enough to make a name for myself...

~the V-mode Fleeter~

Well I'm always glad to see new ideas being kicked around.

Maybe one day, some will be implemented ;)

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

Yeah, you guys all get the point. Thats about what I mean, any way it can be implemented would be fine with me.
I dont think it would be too hard to do, just some sort of simple coding to add in a fleet name "recall code". It should be similar to recalling a planet name or ship name when sending for attacks, or even have a separate menu button on the left hand menu to click on and allow you to rename any planet/fleet almost like the empire menu...
fusion

If I weren't me, I would be you.

I like the concept.

We have shortcuts for planets (not that I use them), so It would be nice to make shortcuts for distributions of ships to send.
What would be hilarious is to show that name to the person being attacked, I definitely like the idea of seeing a fleet named "Athight's DOOM" incoming, mousing over and seeing that it is 5 light fighters :D (or 50k lg's :( )