Should you be able to go into vacation with fleet on air ?

Yes.
Total votes: 40 (75%)
No.
Total votes: 10 (19%)
I don't care.
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 53

Re: Vm while active

love2scoobysnack wrote:
KarrothMelu wrote:
Lastly, I will repost my idea so people won't have to go treading through old posts to find it...
KarrothMelu wrote:- Production freezes in all aspects (research, ships, defense, buildings)
- You are able to choose the VM option at ANY time
- If you have a fleet in the air at the time you press the button, your account will not actually be in VM until the fleet lands back on your planet/moon

If you're on FS or raiding or whatever, odds are your fleet will be safe anyway UNLESS you get lanxed, which is the reason fleeters wanted the exploit fixed in the first place.

Also keep in mind that attacks launched will still follow through even if the target enters VM while the fleet is in the air.
I'm not saying this is the perfect solution, but I do believe it's the best one we've got so far. And like I said, I'm open to feedback/comments etc. as long as we keep it civil and constructive.
I agree with this. I have to say all those voters for yes.... Im laughing.

As long as someone cant VM while there fleet is out and about then im happy. As i always say, blame the people abusing this.In the last week again a few moons popped to find a fleet and bang VM is hit to hide not because they have an emergency just because they dont want to be attacked.

I like this best

xxxx wrote:Na, Need to be able to FS V mode, keep the points hidden, or just abolish fleet points all together
Thats then a form of cheating. Also its lop sided because people just want to be able to abuse the games flaw and run and hide instead of being hit.

TheLegendFishpond wrote:
xxxx wrote:Na, Need to be able to FS V mode, keep the points hidden, or just abolish fleet points all together
Thats then a form of cheating. Also its lop sided because people just want to be able to abuse the games flaw and run and hide instead of being hit.
Running and hiding is to be expected. What fun would the game be if people marched their fleets at the top-players arms in hand and two by two? I think players should be able to hide their fleets through FS-VMs as suggested earlier. If anyone could actually pull that off and stay off even with VMing, they would deserve to keep the fleet hidden.

Another possibility is to allow VMs with fleet in the air so long as nothing is on lanx...
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:
TheLegendFishpond wrote:
Running and hiding is to be expected. What fun would the game be if people marched their fleets at the top-players arms in hand and two by two? I think players should be able to hide their fleets through FS-VMs as suggested earlier. If anyone could actually pull that off and stay off even with VMing, they would deserve to keep the fleet hidden.

Another possibility is to allow VMs with fleet in the air so long as nothing is on lanx...
Wouldnt the detection of a lanx be to difficult for admin? also you cud have them on a permanent lanx then wat can you do?

IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:
TheLegendFishpond wrote:

Fleet missions

Regarding info that is visible to reproduce a fleet mission that is going on.

Start and End Coordinates [planet/moon to-fro planet/moon/df]
Fleet details
Resources on board
Speed of launch.
Mission Type.

only with the coordinates u can easily see if that mission is lanxable or not.

Check if there is a moon? yes! not lanxable.

As i said in my suggestions if u can on the moment of attack can lanx a fleet the player cannot hit vmode.

If a fleeter hits a planet with lanx and traces an on going mission then mark the defender's status as [phalanxable mission = True] that will prevent the player from vmoding. it is not very hard to implement, it is rather alot less checking that what current vmode checking requires. If the status is true then the player wont be allowed to vmode till that fleet lands + 2 mins for fsing or fleet crashing if the attacker hits an attack mission. now the duration can be taken from the fleet return time stamp.

just another idea i think that do not require any additional game change but just one simple clause for check.

cause all the bickering is about this lanx hits nothing else.

moon pop and all those other discussed are way towards finding the lanx hit. to go along that i say add the inbound moon destro mission as another check for the vmode restriction. till the moons are popped or there is any in bound moon pop mission on the defender's queue he cannot hit vmode. without actually hitting a fleet on lanx u cannot expect the defender to be wrong. and in bound moon destro missions are supposed to be ninjaed or in other ways dealt with in game. part of the game play. so anyone fleeing from that is not playing right.

production building shipyard research.... i thought everything was already shuts down to stand still when u hit vmode so why would that be considered as status to vmode i still do not understand.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Im not totally against this. But then i could put a lanx on every one of your planets and put a really slow attack maybe 5 days and you cant VM which i would definatley say would be unfair.

[quote="SPYFleet missions

Regarding info that is visible to reproduce a fleet mission that is going on.

Start and End Coordinates [planet/moon to-fro planet/moon/df]
Fleet details
Resources on board
Speed of launch.
Mission Type.

only with the coordinates u can easily see if that mission is lanxable or not.

Check if there is a moon? yes! not lanxable.

As i said in my suggestions if u can on the moment of attack can lanx a fleet the player cannot hit vmode.

If a fleeter hits a planet with lanx and traces an on going mission then mark the defender's status as [phalanxable mission = True] that will prevent the player from vmoding. it is not very hard to implement, it is rather alot less checking that what current vmode checking requires. If the status is true then the player wont be allowed to vmode till that fleet lands + 2 mins for fsing or fleet crashing if the attacker hits an attack mission. now the duration can be taken from the fleet return time stamp.

just another idea i think that do not require any additional game change but just one simple clause for check.

cause all the bickering is about this lanx hits nothing else.

moon pop and all those other discussed are way towards finding the lanx hit. to go along that i say add the inbound moon destro mission as another check for the vmode restriction. till the moons are popped or there is any in bound moon pop mission on the defender's queue he cannot hit vmode. without actually hitting a fleet on lanx u cannot expect the defender to be wrong. and in bound moon destro missions are supposed to be ninjaed or in other ways dealt with in game. part of the game play. so anyone fleeing from that is not playing right.

production building shipyard research.... i thought everything was already shuts down to stand still when u hit vmode so why would that be considered as status to vmode i still do not understand.[/quote]

not really.. is fair as long as u make contact with the fleet. and a lanx hit should only prohibit the defender from vmoding for 2 mins no more. if u cannot make the hit by then then i guess it can be said u missed ur window and there is no point holding the defender tied up.

and even with slow moon destro as long as there is incoming moon destro mission no matter what is the speed it is part of the game. if someone has a problem with that well he better find a different game from then on.

The problem is, when you uncover a players fleet, sometimes it is on a 2 day fs, so you have to wait at least a day before you can make your hit. So i dont think this would work as a player cant risk his fleet on an attack for that amount of time.

mmmm no u are not getting it. i am not saying u have to attack it. the defender is locked out of vmoding not that the attacker has to send an attack for that long u know. that would be mere suicidal.