Should you be able to go into vacation with fleet on air ?

Yes.
Total votes: 40 (75%)
No.
Total votes: 10 (19%)
I don't care.
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 53

Re: Vm while active

The above pole is not comprehensive to what was discussed in the vmode thread. yes i want vmode enabled while fleet on air but i have stated my reasoning, for what should be the constraints. we should rather have a pole on if the current process needs a reevaluation or not?
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

And still people seem to be ignoring Karroth's suggestion. Don't we love the narrow minded player base who all want their own way, not considering others. Neither side is right, we can't have one or the other, we need a happy medium. Karroth has provided, what more do you want?
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

I agree Istalris. The whole argument for not allowing v mode with fleet in air stems from players using it to dodge lanx hits. If vmode was only entered immediately your fleet landed then the fleeters get to have their lanx hits while everyone else can still vmode if an emergency pops up. As for not being able to enter vmode if your building/researching something, i think that is not necessary.

hmmm that is not a perfect solution but far better than what is on right now. so if u are asking for a compromise yes karroth's suggestion i would call a good compromise. still not perfect. but nevertheless when it comes to community you gotta think about the whole. I have vmoded this game only 4 times so far and all was because 1 time i had R/L issues on the another time it was due on a bug kinda situation and rest I got burned out from ze. so i am not one of the vmoders on regular account.

so i do try to speak for ppl who are regularly using this as their life takes much more sporadic time out than mine takes. not only for vmoders only but also considering in game player base and their styles of game play.

so compromise it is rather getting a neck strap.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Istalris wrote:And still people seem to be ignoring Karroth's suggestion. Don't we love the narrow minded player base who all want their own way, not considering others. Neither side is right, we can't have one or the other, we need a happy medium. Karroth has provided, what more do you want?
Your earlier post on this topic is total opposite to what you think now. These narrow minded player base is ZE majority. to not be ale to v mode with fleet in air kills the majority out from even fleeting, and there will be a rise in inactives that is already high in this game and it has started with me crashing off my 1 mill point fleet

xxxx wrote:
Istalris wrote:And still people seem to be ignoring Karroth's suggestion. Don't we love the narrow minded player base who all want their own way, not considering others. Neither side is right, we can't have one or the other, we need a happy medium. Karroth has provided, what more do you want?
These narrow minded player base is ZE majority. to not be ale to v mode with fleet in air kills the majority out from even fleeting, and there will be a rise in inactives that is already high in this game and it has started with me crashing off my 1 mill point fleet
See Karroth's suggestion, please, before this repetitive posting drives me up the wall.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

A good solution maybe here.........

get v mode to freeze production/techs, you can FS. You cannot v mode when there is a MD or attack mission on your overview, so thus a bigger fleet has you on lanx etc, they can put a slow rip attack on ya to prevent v mode while they kill the fleet, I think thats a medium for both sides, how it is now, might as well just put a funnel in big fleets mouth and crash in, takes away alot of strategy, like suprise. Ive read Karroths idea, but yet it kills suprise, there are many hidden fleets out there that with FS Vmode can stay hidden. Its about slipping up to get noticed, as you slip up with a 2 mill fleet plus showing, you got IB with 12k rips ready to pop all your moons outa v mode. this new V mode is a punishment for having to v mode giving you away

"Should you be able to go into vacation with fleet on air ?" That is the wording for this vote. Too often things like this get muddied with opinions and sideline arguments. If you ever want an option, however restricted or penalized, of going into v-mode while you have ships in the air your vote needs to be yes. The restrictions and conditions can be discussed later. Alternatives being discussed elsewhere I think should be irrelevant as this vote is asking for a yes or no answer - today.

"It is your problem only that you are not a top player."

What? A player, lesser in points, states that his opinion is not considered because he is not a top player and your response to him is that it is his fault he is not one of the top players? Dandy. Attitudes like that will fix everything.

Once again, a lot of posts to read through. I'm just going to focus on a couple things here...
xxxx wrote:A good solution maybe here.........

get v mode to freeze production/techs, you can FS. You cannot v mode when there is a MD or attack mission on your overview, so thus a bigger fleet has you on lanx etc, they can put a slow rip attack on ya to prevent v mode while they kill the fleet
This also enables someone to ALWAYS keep another player out of VM by keeping constant slow RIP attacks, making this not plausible.
xxxx wrote:Ive read Karroths idea, but yet it kills suprise, there are many hidden fleets out there that with FS Vmode can stay hidden. Its about slipping up to get noticed, as you slip up with a 2 mill fleet plus showing, you got IB with 12k rips ready to pop all your moons outa v mode. this new V mode is a punishment for having to v mode giving you away
Almost everyone is in agreement that fleet points should not be designed as they are, and fleets in the air should count towards points. In fact (unless I'm going delirious), I believe it is on the list for implementations. Therefore, this counter-argument is obsolete.
bobw63 wrote:"If you ever want an option, however restricted or penalized, of going into v-mode while you have ships in the air your vote needs to be yes. The restrictions and conditions can be discussed later.
I'm also going to agree heartily with this statement and emphasize its importance.

Lastly, I will repost my idea so people won't have to go treading through old posts to find it...
KarrothMelu wrote:- Production freezes in all aspects (research, ships, defense, buildings)
- You are able to choose the VM option at ANY time
- If you have a fleet in the air at the time you press the button, your account will not actually be in VM until the fleet lands back on your planet/moon

If you're on FS or raiding or whatever, odds are your fleet will be safe anyway UNLESS you get lanxed, which is the reason fleeters wanted the exploit fixed in the first place.

Also keep in mind that attacks launched will still follow through even if the target enters VM while the fleet is in the air.
I'm not saying this is the perfect solution, but I do believe it's the best one we've got so far. And like I said, I'm open to feedback/comments etc. as long as we keep it civil and constructive.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.