Re: Galactic/Universal Chat

The chat window we have is cool and great but its for everyone on the game. Some one would have to open & stay on another tab/channel just for "server chats". But a "server shout-box" would allow all players on that server to "talk smack" (within game rules of course) as well "MAINLY" as allow for people to try to find active alliances easier & quicker instead of waiting day-by-day. Now this chat would be "Server wide", no private messages or such all messages are seen by all. I've seen this work elsewhere & plenty of people still used both. (Now of course this would probably work best on faster servers.)
If knowledge is power.... How come my power company can't answer my physics exam questions when I call???

Also a sever wide chat would allow for people to keep an easier eye on their stuff instead of getting caught-up in multiple tabs/channels on the "chat" we have now. The chat we have now would still be a good way to get to know players from other servers, get others to "try" new servers, & a good way to talk to people they see on the forums.
If knowledge is power.... How come my power company can't answer my physics exam questions when I call???

I will agree that having the chat on a separate window is a little bit of a hassle. Maybe we could just have it embedded.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]