Re: New Ship: Super Cargo Ship

i think super cargo ship good idea too

techs can be adjusted main thing is the concept

i would make it slightly slower but have it use hyper engines

then if we can fix the speed formula for a small cargo so that it uses impulse at level 5 and goes the correct speed

speed rank SC, SUP, LC
cost effective LC, SUP, SC
storage value LC, SC, SUP
WSA strength SUP, LC, SC

we get choice of 3 cargos with different pros and cons

Sadbutrue wrote:well hyperspace engines would make it very fast and convenient but would make the combustion engines nearly pointless
I upgrade my CE purely for rec speed, so i don't think it would be almost pointless, everyone wants faster recs.

I don't think the SCS should use hyperspace though, as Slash said, it's just supersizing a ship in that class, not creating a whole new type. It should stick with CE imo.

I think because this ship isn't meant for combat, tweaking the shields to between 1-2k would be sufficient, even 1-2k is extremely weak shielding for something on that structure level.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

yeah but what you fail to realize is that most players that ahve the cash will just use them for turtling. You dont want to upgrade the engine drives but you want to overload thier shielding?

Well, personally, I would like to have some ideas that benefit the entire game, and not just the upper level players or just the lower level players.

I think it was mentioned before that it would be great to have a tech designed to increase cargo space on ships rather than a specific ship like this. That would also benefit Recyclers and that would save HUGE amounts of deut. It would also benefit all players as they progress and have a need for it.

With all due respect Adresor, right now the ships top out at the RIPS. Introducing new high end ships isn't going to hurt anyone. The little guys that stick around will become bigger guys.

As far as I am concerned, the more the merrier.

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

adressor wrote:yeah but what you fail to realize is that most players that ahve the cash will just use them for turtling. You dont want to upgrade the engine drives but you want to overload thier shielding?
Am i the only one absolutley confused by that? Using ships to turtle? ...What?

And 1-2k is not even close to overloading them. Normal shielding for a unit on that structure level is around 25-30k.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...