Re: Fleeter, Miner, or Turtle?

Thatguyeric wrote:miners always win :D
i dont think so.. this game is all about whoz got the biggest baddest fleet..

chrisOH wrote:i might as well give up hope with you dropping i guess. :roll:
good thing you realized that sooner than later.. ol gumps is going nowhere .. ;)

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Slash wrote:
Khan wrote:As far as I can remember, the only #1s were SOC, Mintaka, SBT and Gumps. They are all fleeters.
And the only one of the four actively playing is gumppy. I guess the saying about the candle burning brightest is true. So is it really a successful strategy to spend so much time with a game you burn out and end up quitting? Number Ones don't seem to last long in this game, so I say "maybe not".
I had thought about that. I believe there is some truth in it. I would not be surprised to find out that there was a higher incidence of "burnout" from Fleeters because of the time it requires to execute that strategy effectively.

When I thought it through, I realized that there is a great deal of attrition in the game. There are many Turtles and Miners that have gone the way of the Do-Do bird as well. Fleeters are just the most high profile. However, Fleeters are not the only players that have left.

In truth, there are few that are pure miners or turtles or fleeters. If you look through the list of HOF hits that have been recorded since the beginning, you will find a large number of players on the wrong side of those CRs who were primarily miners or Turtles with decent fleets for Raiding and Farming that have left the game. I think anecdotal evidence, in this case using the example of a few players, by itself never really make an effective argument.

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

djmanj wrote:
good thing you realized that sooner than later.. ol gumps is going nowhere .. ;)
Not if you keep up that attitude! The No.1 spot changes just like every other spot, lads. Sure, it doesn't change hardly as often, but it CAN CHANGE, and it has. Be optimistic ;) . (Watch out, Gumps, I'm "Motivationaly Speaking" against you :lol: ).
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

Gale wrote:
djmanj wrote:
Not if you keep up that attitude! The No.1 spot changes just like every other spot, lads. Sure, it doesn't change hardly as often, but it CAN CHANGE, and it has. Be optimistic ;) . (Watch out, Gumps, I'm "Motivationaly Speaking" against you :lol: ).

i did say he aint goin nowhere but neva said hez gonna stay numba 1 for eternity ;) ..
all great empires fall..
rome

ottamon turks

great britain

soviet union

gumppy?? jus question of when.. :lol:

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

dj, you have to take into account that none of those empires had the massive fleet that gumppy has. Give Rome a couple hundred thousand battle ships and a few hundred death stars, and i'd be willing to bet they would still be on top
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

It's great how I have those who want me in their alliance so badly, and then those who think I don't really have the fleet I say I do, I'm so ood at keeping it out of reach :twisted:

Fleeter all the way, and as minister of defense to my team, intened to keep building it up.

As most know, Gale is my sister in real life, and she does well with her turtle methods, but I like a bit more chaos lol.