What is mostly important?

Elite Recs ofc
Total votes: 5 (18%)
Give us a new universe!
Total votes: 8 (29%)
Employ better graphics - eye candies to the people!
Total votes: 2 (7%)
Create real tutorials for real.. ermm newbs!
Total votes: 5 (18%)
Something else! I will write below...
Total votes: 8 (29%)
Total votes: 28

Re: How to help the game progress?

Again it seems to be that some want to still over complicate things. We have already said about the tutorials option. Would any newbs actually read them? Now, again we seem to want to know what colour we want to dye our hair on a Friday night, what we are having for dinner on a Sunday. DO we really want to know about all these little things?

HIgher protection for newbs. More that they can build straight from the start. Get them playing properly, seeing an outcome from their investments. No, we want to over complicate things. Introduce them to a game, giving them a weeks reading material, if read probably won't be taken in. Then get them to expand on things, get them to write essays about the evolutionary aspects of their species etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc........"yawn, I'm bored, off to sleep. When I wake I will find another game!!!!!!!!!"

My idea was to have the tutorial pop up and be the first thing they see; once they click okay, the current goal would be at the top of the screen where the ruby ad usually is. I didn't want it to be a wall of text, just a quick blurb explaining the importance.

As for the automatic res and ships, what's to stop that from being exploited? For example: Running low on res? Just create a dummy account, wait two days. Boom, a couple million res and a small fleet to recycle.

I do agree on the higher protection though.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

well, i think instead of giving 10 Zorg rubies to everybody that starts a new account, give them the option of going thru a tutorial and earning the rubies. Most games do this anyway and will give new players both a chance to learn some basics, but also enhance the game once they know what to do.