What is mostly important?

Elite Recs ofc
Total votes: 5 (18%)
Give us a new universe!
Total votes: 8 (29%)
Employ better graphics - eye candies to the people!
Total votes: 2 (7%)
Create real tutorials for real.. ermm newbs!
Total votes: 5 (18%)
Something else! I will write below...
Total votes: 8 (29%)
Total votes: 28

Re: How to help the game progress?

Need a different strategical way into the game. The old ways are too brute force.

How about a shield drones? It will only work with or against defensive establishments. But it will work better when used as a defensive array than attacking array.

Shield Drones can only affect or be affected by defense turrets and RIPs. You cannot affect or get affected by shield drones by other ships.

The purpose of this idea is to make defense bashing a bit more interesting. Putting an entirely different piece of item in the board to make the game more interesting.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

The way to progress I feel at least, is just make the game more attractive to new players to keep them in the game. That's what we are lacking, a quality, permanent player base.

Making things up for the sake of it can be good. But, in the meantime, keeping players in the game is the necessity!

Without players, the game is nothing. Getting a larger, permanent amount of players is the key to stop the game from dying.
How do we do that? Give them something, a carrot on the end of a stick. Get them marching towards that carrot. If they start with more, they can achieve things more quickly, that's your carrot. If they can build, see some reward for their endeavours, they will, possibly continue. At this time, they come in to the game, build, get trashed, leave the game. Nothing more soul destroying than seeing your hard work being bludgeoned in to dust!

New ships, devices, tricks etc, all good ideas, but without players the game is nothing. All that glisters is not gold. More a case of gold plating a turd, in their eyes at least. Yes it's shiny and gold, but underneath, it's still a turd!

Reward them, they will come. They might even stay!

Other thing to do to stop newbs overspending then not being able to launch. For instance, on the shipyard screen, next to each ship class available, perhaps in brackets. Depending on the resources you have at that time, in brackets next to the ship class, the amount of those ships you can build with the resources available. So, if you can see you can build 1200 bc's then you could choose to then build 600, without having to calculate and worry that you'd be left with no resources?

I think most of you are missing the boat, a natural progression of life is development.
You are looking at add ons to help improve the game - does anyone else do this outside z?

yes, they do - phones, computers, cars, almost everything has add ons to help it seem more attractive

but there comes a time when a new model needs to shown for people to buy

Z has been around for many years and most of the players I know have been here for nearly all of it

We have invested time (and some players money) so the hard core group will always be here.

But really, its time for Z2 to be put out for new players to get into.

We need major game changes in a new game. players mean money. thats business

"phones, computers, cars, almost everything has add ons to help it seem more attractive

but there comes a time when a new model needs to shown for people to buy"

Do you not sometimes ask yourself why some people go for the retro side of things?
Why do some people buy/drive vintage cars. Why do some people have retro furniture, telephones etc?
Is it perhaps they prefer the way things were. I'm not saying things cannot be improved upon, but if things change too radically you may find just as many players leave BECAUSE of those changes.

On another note, a possible improvement?

We are able to speed up buildings with use of rubies. No matter what the size or cost of the building project, 20 rubies will ensure that the building in the queue at that time will be finished instantly. How about having the same sort of facility for research? It can be a real drag waiting for something to complete, sometimes in excess of a month!

All of you have good ideas. For me im in a semi-perma blue state because of time. I do not have the time to play. I miss the game alot and wish i had the time to play.
Now as for the player base. I suggest something like a peace treaty. If you lose a battle then you have a dome put on your world for 2 hours no one can attack you in that time frame. That may keep the player base here longer.
Just my 2 cents worth as an old player.